Chapter 32: Pillars

The crowd parted like the red sea as we passed. I followed behind the girls, who were following their father, copying the way they walked. Head up, shoulders back, hands clasped and eyes in front. I had managed to stay on Sir Itachi's good side for a while, but I knew that one wrong move would cause him to become colder.

The town itself was quite different to the last time I was there. People whispered as we passed and had red decorations on their houses and shops. The seemed to be very interested in the girls almost as though they saw something I didn't. The girls seemed so accustomed. I was almost impressed by their composure.

People began to cheer and shower us in red rose petals as a stage came into view. It had four large metal thrones. Benny walked beside us and blew is horn. I felt as though I was having a bit of a sensory overload as my heart rate quickened. I furrowed my brows as I could hear the sound of my heart pounding in my ears.

"They did say that there would be a grand fighting festival. I just didn't think that it would be so soon," I thought to myself as we walked onto the stage, "this is all too much."

Sir Itachi stood center stage and held his palms out to the crowd to silence them. The streets went quiet in an instant as the girls stood beside him on either side. Benny and I, on the other hand, stood behind him dutifully listening to him. Well, I was only half listening. My other half was noticing that the whole town may have been watching us.

"Citizens of Alexandria, I am honored to be in your presence. A visit to this wonderful town was long overdue. In fact, I told my daughters that if I couldn't make it back to Alexandria in time for last years trip, I'd have to make it up to them. Is'nt that right girls?" Sir Itachi announced to the crowd before turning to the girls.

"Yes father," The girls said in unison. As usual, Summer more excited with those things than Winter.

"Well, folks I am a man of my word. I sought out many noble fighters for your entertainment. I searched far and wide, but I was only able to find one worthy adversary. The name of this man is unknown, but if he wishes to show himself we are here to see it," he said to the crowd.

The crowd mumbled looking around for the hooded stranger. I'm sure many saw him fight and were excited to see it again. I must admit so was I, I still didn't condone the mindless violence that I saw a few days prior. It was just barbaric.

No one rose from the crowd, and it seemed as though he wasn't coming from anywhere else. Sir Itachi chuckled lightly. His eyes were too joyful as he held his palms up again.

"I thought so. Well, maybe this will entice you," Sir Itachi grumbled.

He took a tall leap into the air landing off the stage. When he landed, his fist was against the dirt as he knelt on one knee and the earth shook. Soon, pillars sprouted from the ground all over the town. People scampered away from them but stayed a safe distance away so that they could see the fight.

A heartbeat continued to fill my ears as I looked up and saw Sir Itachi standing on top of one of the pillars. He drew his sword as my breath quickened. I was convinced that I was going to pass out when I realized that I was completely calm.

"Allioni," I whispered to myself. I recognized the thump of his quiet heartbeat. I was confused as to how that was happening, "The only times I could hear him was when I was meditating or-"

The hooded figure appeared on one of the pillars facing Sir Itachi. Tensions were high, but the sakes were so low. The hooded figure stood as still as a statue as Sir Itachi stared him down. My thoughts were flustered and floating around my head.

I began to think to myself as I looked at the figure, "Or if he was close by."