Chapter 45: You Killed Her

I smiled as I looked up and saw Allioni standing on the stage with the spirit prism held in the air. There wasn't a single person in that ball who moved a muscle but Jack, Allioni and I. I almost cried as I ran over to Allioni and wrapped my arms around his neck. I was used to not getting hugged back, so his lack of reciprocation didn't hurt me.

The room was eerily still. The people didn't seem to be dead, but they were in some trance that prohibited them from moving. The king and Sir Itachi stood on the stage with shocked looks on both of their faces. Sir Itachi held out his hand just a few inches from Allioni's neck but was stopped there. He looked angrier than ever.

"Ally, I'm so happy that you're okay!" I cried as I finally pulled away. I smiled at him as he gave me a blank stare.

I pulled away from Allioni and looked over at Jack. My mouth fell open as he simply pulled the bracelet off of his wrist. He made a dramatic spectacle of simply rubbing the part of his wrist that had the bracelet. He still wore that stupid grin as he stretched out.

"So, you could have taken that bracelet off all of this time?" I asked while grinding my teeth together. My emotions were too wild not to let some of them slip through the cracks.

"Of course I could," he smiled, "Did you really think jewelry could hold me?"

Jack stepped around the king's frozen body and waved his hand over his eyes. He then took his finger and pressed it against the edge of the blade that just moments before was about to behead him to test its sharpness. He laughed as it didn't even leave a drop of blood on his finger. His whole demeanor just made my blood boil more than ever.

"Then why didn't you just break out of the prison?" I asked with each of my words being more choppy as I got angrier by each syllable.

He cracked his neck then continued to stretch out his arms, "Well, I was hoping to have my own dramatic show, but I see Allioni had the same plan."

I turned to Allioni, "Okay, whatever, let's just leave before they wake up and hunt us down," I said in a tired sigh.

I decided that I couldn't bother with Jack. I couldn't find it in me to hate him nor could I find it in me to love him. I was somewhere in between. Allioni, on the other hand, looked at Jack with absolute indifference. There was no wavering between emotions. It was clear that Allioni was completely neutral or so I thought.

Allioni nodded, "There's just something that I need to do first," he said walking passed me.

Before I could even see it coming, Allioni pulled back his hand and a bright pink blade formed from the spirit prism. It was almost as long as his arm and as sharp as a sword as he wielded it as such. It seemed as though he had made it out of the spirit prism itself.

"Allioni?" I called as he charged at Jack and used his blade to slice at him.

Jack was able to dodge the blade by leaning back. He looked at Allioni with an inexplicable thrill. He seemed to have been excited by the idea of fighting Allioni.

"Well, I guess I do get to have my own show," he laughed.

Rain began to pour outside as the two stared at each other. I couldn't move a muscle in my body due to the utter exhaustion I felt after having to save them or having to give them the tools to save themselves. I felt utterly helpless as the two powerful beings seemed to be filled with a need to battle. Then, there was me, a human without any fighting skills standing in the middle of it all. What Whisper kept warning me about was coming to pass.

"What are you two idiots doing?" I screamed. They paid me no mind.

Allioni rushed at Jack with his blades, but Jack just moved out of the way each time he swung them. Soon enough, they carried they're dodging game onto the dance floor where Allioni retracted the blades. The prism then shifted into hard crystal-like boxing gloves around his hands.

"You killed Giovan," Allioni stated. He made it seem more like a question as he lowered his eyebrows at Jack.

Jack simply shrugged and dove at Allioni. I saw the same surge of energy moving through his body as I did when he fought Sir Itachi. The blue bolts of electricity moved through his arms as he tried to punch Allioni in the nose. Allioni ducked out of the way allowing Jack to stumble a bit.

They seemed to be dancing as each move fell into each other smoothly and beautifully. It was like a deadly tango. Allioni used his crystal gloves to grab hold of Jack and plant a punch in his eye. Jack went flying back but grabbed hold of the ground pulling up the tiles, leaving claw marks on them. Still, he stayed crouched like a tiger looking up at Allioni.

Jack stood up and ran to Allioni with remarkable speed. He held his hand up in a fist as though he was ready to return the favor. Instead of landing with a punch in Allioni's eye that had enough force to kill any human, he once again landed on the floor as Allioni teleported behind him and punched him in the back repeatedly.

"Why are you two fighting?" I yelled as Jack took hold of Allioni's torso and slammed him to the floor.

"I believe that Allioni doesn't exactly appreciate Jack killing his girlfriend," the guy who I had been dancing with suggested emerging from the crowd.

"Oh, hell no," I said raising my voice, "why did you have to be the only one not frozen?"

"Don't worry about me," he instructed then pointed at the fight, "worry about that."

Allioni's loose button-up was torn below his chest revealing torn up but not bleeding torso. Jack was worse off. His shirt was completely torn off revealing cuts and bruises on his somewhat toned torso. Allioni seemed as though he had no intention to quit, and Jack began to be getting more worried by his opponent's dedication. I had no words as I knew that someone wasn't going to make it out of that fight with their life.

Allioni disappeared for a moment only to reappear above Jack's head. Jack luckily ducked out of his way before Allioni could drive his elbow through his head. There was a dent in the floor as Allioni stood back up and ran to Jack again. The blade was now back in his hands as he sliced at Jack, but once again missed.

"It'd sure be a shame if they hurt one of these innocent people," the dancing boy said to me as Allioni almost stabbed an old woman, "blind rage is dangerous like that."

Allioni once again disappeared and reappeared, that time with the blades becoming the spirit prism again. Jack seemed to have regained some level of strength as he moved out of Allioni's way. In fact, he got out of everyone's way. He ran up to the giant glass windows overlooking the sea and jumped through.