Chapter 47: Whisper

"The Dark One," Arlow laughed dryly, "How long has it been?"

The boy I was with looked pitifully at Arlow, "Not long enough," he responded.

"Allioni, I thought that you were supposed to be the smart one. I mean, I've never known you to just fly into a fit of blind rage," he sighed shaking his head Allioni.

"She's gone," said Allioni as he just sat there without a movement.

"I mean, you guys made my job too easy," he laughed turning to me, "I guess they weren't everything you'd hoped they'd be."

I looked down at Allioni. He looked broken and defeated as his head hung low and his eyes were squeezed shut. I'd never known him to act impulsively or show so much emotion. I couldn't help but wonder why he couldn't have at least waited until we got home to destroy Arlow.

"Well, this was just a touching reunion, but Diana and I will just be on our merry way," the boy I then knew to be The Dark One said to the boys.

"What?" I screamed stepping away from him.

He lowered his eyebrows at me, "What, did you think I was just gonna let you go?" He asked looking at me as though I was crazy.

"What do you want her for?" Arlow asked almost in disgust that The Dark One would want me.

"That's none of your concern," The Dark One responded before grabbing hold of my wrist.

I looked over at Allioni who was attempting to stand up again then at Arlow who just groaned in pain. I couldn't imagine losing them for a second time after all we had just gone through, but it looked like that's how my story would end. The boys were too damaged to come help me, and I was in no way strong enough to fight a magical being.

I had accepted that I was going to be taken and possibly killed, but I just didn't have it in me to care. I had done what I set out to do. I went to the castle, found Allioni's sacred treasure then found the boys. My mission seemed done.

"Maybe this was my destiny here," I thought to myself, "then destiny is a bitch."

"Diana," I smiled as I heard a familiar whisper in my ear.

In a moment, my hand was released from The Dark One's grasp. Well, not really as his grasp wasn't attached to his body. Instead, his fingers were curled around my wrist as it was detached from his boy with the swing of a blade. I screeched a little then peeled the fingers off. The Dark One surprisingly didn't notice until he saw me walking away from him.

He looked down at his hand and sucked his teeth, "That was my favorite hand," he complained.

As The Dark One walked over to the spot where I dropped his hand, I saw Whisper appear behind him bending over to whisper into Allioni's ear. The Dark One simply placed his detached hand back onto the spot it was missing from and it reattached with ease.

"That was rude, Diana," he groaned, "you don't drop a man's hand on the floor."

I began to panic as The Dark One approached me again. He seemed very calm, but I was sure that Whisper would do something to stop that. Whisper himself stood beside Allioni as the wounded boy climbed to his feet seeming like his wounds no longer hindered his ability to move.

Allioni reached over to pick up the spirit orb as Whisper disappeared again. The Dark One held his index and middle fingers up then pointed them at the sky. As he did that the spirit or flew away from Ally's hands.

"Just stop," he instructed with his back still turned to them, "you're all too weak."

Whisper reappeared and whispered something else to Arlow. Then, Arlow climbed to his feet in the same way that Allioni had. Since The Dark One was already looking at him, it wasn't necessary for him to infer his movements. Jack seemed to charge up his body again.

Jack charged at The Dark One with speed that I had never seen before. It seemed as though he left blue streaks of lightning behind as he ran. Jack took hold of The Dark One and used his electricity to shock him. The Dark One was affected as the shock filled his body and made him shake uncontrollably, but regained control by grabbing hold of by Jack's shoulder and body slamming him into the ground. As Jack was laying there, The Dark One rested his foot on Jack's chest and pressed down until I heard a crack.

"Is that it?" The Dark One asked completely unbothered by the fact that he was just electrocuted.

Whisper took a turn disappearing. I couldn't see him, but it seemed as though The Dark One could. He threw his hand out and grabbed onto the air. With his hand cupped, he did the motion of throwing something onto the floor. As he did, Whisper appeared on the floor.

"You can just be invisible. You can't teleport," The Dark One said seeming a bit more annoyed, "now, can we go?"

Arlow climbed to his feet and so did Allioni. Even Whisper rose to his feet and ran at The Dark One. I knew that their wounded bodies couldn't handle being thrown about anymore. As he threw Arlow to the ground again, I ran over to where his body laid.

"Diana," The Dark One called as I knelt down and blocked his way to Arlow, "stay out of the way."

"No!" I screamed.

Add a description

"No?" His eye brows raised.

"No!" I screamed with nothing but pure anger streaming out of me, "I was forced to leave the only world I'd ever known, made to learn magic, sent to a town I'd known nothing of where I was made to work for a psychopath all the while my friends were missing. Now, I worked my ass off so that I could save them. I will not let you, or anyone else for that matter, destroy what I have worked so hard to save. So, if you want to kill him you'll have to go through me!"

"Ya know, that means I'll have to kill you?" He sighed as though I was inconveniencing him, "You're offering me your life for his."

"Do what you gotta do," I instructed him.