Chapter 43: Trial

"Welcome guests from near and far. We have all gathered here to promote this nobleman from his current position to a grand knight. He has fought many battles for Alexandria, and I am proud to call him my colleague, my confidant, and my friend," the king announced from the stage.

Sir Itachi was knelt down before the king who held a long sword in his hands. I secretly wished that he would just put the sword to use and chop off the villain's head. As a man read an oath to Sir Itachi the king placed his sword on each of the man's shoulders solidifying his position of power.

He stood up and the crowd cheered, "I hereby Knight you, Grand Knight Itachi of Alexandria," the king announced.

The girls clapped as their father waved at the crowd. All I felt was anger boiling up inside of me as that man was getting away with everything. I had to choose amongst the lives of three people and decide who lived or died. That was too much to ask of one person.

From the crowd emerged a woman in a bright orange dress. Her skin was very pale, but her hair was very dark. She clapped as she approached the stage walking on and giving a hug to Sir Itachi. I was confused until the girls screamed in excitement wrapping their arms around her.

"Well, now that my daughter is here I would like to say that I am overwhelmingly honored to achieve such a position. I have a dream of obliterating the threat of war over this nation again. I promise to protect all of you with my life. To do this, we must eliminate the main instigators of chaos," Sir Itachi announced.

A large group of guards entered the room. Two were pushing Allioni's cage while five held swords up for their own protection. Then five more were guiding Jack, or should I say Arlow, to the stage as well while five more held swords to his back. Much to my surprise, they let Allioni out of his cage and removed his bracelet.

"There young men are a part of the chosen seven who destroyed our countries forced us into war and obliterated a large portion of the human race," Sir Itachi announced to the crowd. They mumbled in disbelief.

Needless to say, it was the first time I had ever heard of the term "chosen seven" or heard of them destroying the human race. I decided that I would worry about it another time. At that moment I couldn't stop staring at Jack's huge grin. He seemed so amused by all of it.

"This young man over here is Allioni. He is guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, murder, kidnapping, and insighting war," Itachi announced.

There was murmuring amongst the crowd as Allioni seemed to be pulling himself together. He seemed as though he was about to teleport out of there before he saw me in the crowd. He focused his eyes on me as though he was seeing something inside of me.

"This young man is Lord Arlow. He is the worst of them all. He is guilty of endless assaults, acts of treason, acts of terror, theft, in sighting and encouraging war, and most the murder of my daughter Spring," Sir Itachi said as his voice began to hitch and tears began to well, "also known as Giovan."

I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. Jack killed the girl that Allioni loved? Why would he do that? How could he do that?

The crowd murmured as Jack smiled at them. I couldn't help but look at the blank expression on Allioni's face. He seemed frozen in place as everyone else immediately whispered about Jack. I couldn't imagine how Allioni felt.

Sir Itachi pulled out his sword from its holster and pointed it at Jack's back. Jack just chuckled as he stood at the feet of death. I began to step back as I couldn't watch it anymore.

"When the clock strikes thirteen, this man will face justice by giving a life for a life," Sir Itachi announced.

I looked at the clock at the entrance. It was twelve fifty-three meaning I only had seven minutes to find a way out of it. I knew that Allioni could do something, but I couldn't just walk over to him. That wouldn't be wise.

"Hey, I'm glad I caught up to you," the boy I was speaking to said as he approached me.

"Yeah, I don't really have time to chat," I answered trying to walk towards the stage. I figured that maybe I could talk to Allioni and we could move quickly.

The guy wrapped his hand tightly around my arm and squeezed me, "Why in such a rush, Diana?"