Chapter 36: Good Friends

I sat in a plush chair as the girls had their dresses fitted. I thought of everything and kicked myself for not finding a solution quicker. I would just find Whisper. He did tell me to call him when I needed him. I couldn't think of a time that I would need him more.

"What do you think Winnie?" Summer asked her sister.

She wore a long light green dress with a lace top. The skirt of the dress went all the way down to her feet and was puffy. The sleeves clung to her arms, and the neck of her dress was cut just above her cleavage. She looked beautiful.

"I don't know," her sister answered, "why do you always have to wear green?"

I could tell that Summer began to rethink her choice, "I think you look stunning," I commented, "green is definitely your color."

"Thanks," she said. She gave me a half smile. The very first smile I had ever gotten from her.

"What about me Margarett? How do I look?" She asked.

Her dress was icy blue and also had a lace top. Her neckline reached up to her throat like a choker, and her skirt was just as long as her sister's. Her sleeves were long as they hung off of her elbows in a frilled style.

"You look gorgeous. I love it," I said. I was sure that the trained professionals dressing them didn't appreciate them asking their nanny for help, but they didn't vocalize it.

I wasn't afforded a dress as Sir Itachi let me know that my services weren't necessary. This put a major downer on my plan seeing as I had to poison the king that night. I didn't know how else was I supposed to complete my task. The situation was supposed to be easy but it turned into a mess.

"They want me to kill the king with poison I don't have?" I asked myself, "Wait, they want me to kill the king?"

I had an inner panic as I realized what my mission was. I wasn't a stupid girl. I was just in disbelief of the world around me. I was so deep in disbelief that it hadn't dawned on me that I'd have to commit premeditated murder. I didn't realize that I was going on a murder mission.

Later that day, I took the Winter on a walk through the garden in the middle of the castle. Summer wanted to stay indoors and read but thanked me for asking her. I was glad that she was finally warming up to me. Though I was still shaking at the thought of killing the king in front of his loyal subjects, I did try to hide it from Winter.

"So, is your mom coming?" I asked as we walked down a row of sunflowers or what looked like sunflowers. I had been away from earth for a while, but I was pretty sure sunflowers didn't actually glow.

"Well, we don't really have a mom," she confessed, "we weren't born to the same parents. In fact, we were born in completely different parts of the world. When we were born, our parents were scared of our power. Humans have always been scared of magic unless they can force it into some fighting festival. Then father came and got us. He said that he was shown where we were and that we were destined to be a family. Then the rest was history."

I listened to her intently. I couldn't help but tear up a bit. She made Sir Itachi seem so kind. I began to think that I was the reason he was so harsh and rude. I couldn't imagine why though. All I had done was fall in front of one carriage. You'd think I could live that down and not devote my life to servitude.

"That must have been so hard for you," I said as we stopped at a cement bench.

"Well, not really," she shrugged taking a seat, "I grew up with a family that loved and supported me. What else could I ask for?"

I sat beside her completely bewildered by how amazing she was, "That's amazing, Winter. Your an amazing kid, ya know that?" I asked.

A bird landed on her index finger, "Not really, I'm sure you feel the same way," she said. She looked like the perfect Disney princess.

"Actually, I don't think I'll ever see my family again," I sighed heavily.

I looked out into the perfectly trimmed bushed as the sun glimmered over them. I had just realized how long it had been since I had watched the sun. It was day time, so I couldn't look directly into the sun, but I could still see it's reflection bouncing off of the water in the water fountain. It was a light yellowish white that looked almost like a cloud.

"Don't say that Margaret! You'll see them again. I'll make sure of it. I'm sure father just wanted us around people our own age anyway. Maybe he'll let you see them before we head back to Uriah," she said. I could see the pain in her eyes at the thought of me losing my family.

I smiled at her, "You're a good friend, Winter," I smiled knowing that I couldn't just go see grandma and Michael.

She smiled at me for a bit. His face suddenly froze in that same smiling position as her body became as still as stone. I waved my hand over her eyes, but she wouldn't budge. I touched her face and it still moved.

"Don't bother with all of that," Whisper said emerging from out of the bushed presumably, "I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate it."

"Whisper, I was just about to call you," I said to him, "do you teleport or something?"

"No, you just don't pay attention," he retorted rudely.

"Watch your mouth," I said pointing my index finger at him, "because I am not as powerful as you, but I will at least try to hurt you."

"I apologize, but we do need to talk," he said in a serious voice.