Two

"I lost the kid"______

"I lost the kid"
______

23 days later
Avengers facility, Upstate

Gwen was sitting on a chair, repeating the last hologram message of Tony Stark, while she waited for a blonde woman, named Carol Dancers, who was on her way to bring Tony Stark back from space. The young girl stopped the message when Natasha entered the room.

"Hey, I brought you a hot chocolate. Thought you need something to drink.", the spy said, handing her the cup.

"Thanks.", Gwen whispered, giving the hero a small smile.

It has been twenty two days since Thanos won, and half the universe disappeared. Along with it her only friends, Peter, MJ and Ned and her whole family. She has been living in the Avengers Facility for the past three weeks.

"You're still watching it, don't you?", the blonde teen girl turned to Natasha, nodding.

"It's just, it's been 5 hours since she's gone, and what if she... what if Captain Marvel can't bring him back?", her voice broke down.

"No, don't think about that. They are going to come back. Everyone will be saved, we just need to... need to have patience.", Natasha tried calming her down by stroking her back.

The two women hugged, tears rolling down their cheeks.

Outside, an hour later, the space ship, where Tony was stuck in with Nebula, was brought down to earth by Captain Marvel. Steve, Natasha, Bruce and Rhodes ran outside, as soon as they heard a sound from the outside. Pepper was already outside when the remaining heroes joined her. The ship landed and Captain Marvel's glow stopped as she turned around to face them.

The door of the spaceship opened and Tony Stark exited the ship with the help of Nebula, a blue alien girl, who was turned into a robot. Steve ran towards them, helping Nebula.

"I couldn't stop him.", Tony said, he didn't look as good as he did before. His body was thin.

"Neither could I.", Steve said, as he brought Tony near the others.

Tony stopped and turned to Steve. His breath was heavy and loud. The man was devastated. He just lost. Lost against a grape looking alien.

"I... I... lost the kid.", his voice was barely a whisper, it was a breath of air.

"Tony... we lost.", Steve said, trying to convince him, that it wasn't his fault that they had lost.

"... it's... uhm...", Tony got interrupted, when he saw his fiancée running towards him.

The two hugged each other, happy that they still had each other. "Oh my god.", Pepper said, tears running down her cheek. Steve watched with a small smile. Tony gave her a kiss on her cheek, as a prove that he was there, and won't leave her.