Four

"Shit

"Shit."
______

After the remaining heroes returned from the Planet Garden without the Infinity Stones, all hope vanished. Three years passed, and life on Earth took its normal course. Schools opened months after the event and many people made the best of it. Gwen was one of them, she went back to school, noticing her class was smaller and many seats were empty. Lots of lessons were taken in bigger groups, because teachers were missing.

Lots of things had changed after the event of the big battle against the mad titan. In the last 3 years, people gathered in Arenas and mourned their loved ones who were no longer there. This took place every year on the day everyone disappeared and Memorial Stones have been placed in every city of the world reminding the people to not forget them.

Gwen, now 19, was on her way to the avengers facility, walking past the Memorial Stones. She clutched her bag tight and tried to stop the tears coming out of her eyes. She crossed the street, watching how many citizens were alone, walking down the street. Gwen took out her phone and looked at the time. "Shit.", with that she run, trying not to bump into someone.

The glass door opened automatically, and the blond hero entered the facility. She greeted Happy, who gave her a small smile in return, and walked into the elevator, bringing her up to her destination, the avengers living room. With a 'bing' the doors opened, and Gwen exited the elevator, walking into the living room. She put her bag down on the floor, and went towards the kitchen.

She opened the fridge to look for something to eat. "Where have you been? You are late, young lady.", Gwen turned around to the familiar voice, a small smile gracing her lips. "Since when are you so strict, Natasha?", Natasha's hair color has changed to its normal red one, she still had blond ends of hair. She hugged the blond girl.

They both sat down and ate their Chinese take-out, talking about how their day have been. Natasha and Gwen have grown closer to each other in recent years. They had build a mother-daughter relationship in the short span of time.

"So, how's the organization?", after the event, Natasha had lead an organization that cared for orphans who lost their parents during the snap. And Gwen has helped her a few times, being an orphan herself.

Outside the sun was slowly setting and the city was immersed in a beautiful, warm orange. A touch of reddish light followed soon, and the sky turning darker and darker, letting the first stars shine. Everything seemed so peaceful, as if the infinity war never happened, as if everyone was beside them, sitting at the table with them, cracking a few jokes here and there, before going off to sleep in their bedrooms. And slowly waking up for the next day. Peter and Gwen would have been in College together with Ned and MJ, planning on their future. But that wasn't the case. And even though the sunset had let it seem it was, everyone on earth, in the whole universe, knew that it would never be that. Never be that peaceful and perfect.