TWENTY

"I'm always careful

"I'm always careful."
______

"-en. Gwen? Oh thank god, you're awake.", Peter had brought Gwen out of the building, landing on a rooftop nearby.

Laying her carefully on the roof, he watched as the building they were in a few minutes ago, lit up, and people - security guards - were placed on each floor. Even the police came by, searching for any signs of how the intruders entered.

"I'm alive.", she announced as she sat herself up into a sitting position.

Her blue eyes glanced at the boy, who gave her a small smirk, as he lifted his mask a bit. He held out his hand, for her to take it. When she stood, she endured the pain in her left shoulder.

"You okay?", Peter noted her crunching her face as she touched her shoulder.

"She's going to pay.", she whispered. "I didn't sense her.", she added after a while.

"Me neither.", Peter replied. "What happened?"

"I found another room, hidden behind a bookcase. I mean, seriously, cliche much. Anyway, I went in there and saw... I don't know... a pot with green liquor in it. And I am not sure, but someone was in there. A boy with brown hair, not sure though.", Peter listened carefully.

"Let's bring you home, and talk about what happened tomorrow.", Peter put her arm around his shoulder and put his hand for support under her other arm to help her standing up.

-🕷-

Two weeks had passed since the incident at Oscorp and Peter had not seen nor heard something from the still mysterious girl dressed in a tight cat-like suit. Every time Peter did his nightly patrols around the city, he had hoped to see her and get answers from her, but thanks to his Parker Luck he got nothing. Scanning every news article from the past six years for any signs of her appearing in photos or mentions, he only found one article about a man calling himself 'Black Cat'.

"The 'Black Cat' got caught.", said the news article from the year 2004.

'After several years of trying to catch the cat burglar, NYPD finally caught the ' Black Cat' on November 13. The police department had gotten anonymously tip, where Hardy was going to carry out his next robbery. With the new hint, the NYPD captured Hardy right on his act and additionally found the missing three million dollars. Hardy is now locked up in New York Prison, where he will spend the next twenty years in.'

"What are you looking at?"

The brunette turned around, facing his aunt leaning on the door frame of his room. Two cups in her hands. One with green tea, and the other with camomile tea.

"I've made tea, thought you'd like it.", she walked towards her nephew. Putting the cup with camomile tea on his desk, she looked over to his computer screen.