Nine

"five years is a really long time"______

______

SNAP

"... just one minute for the basketball game before... what the f-"

Midtown High school of technology and Science was one of the places where a part of the 50% of the universe who dissolved into dust, appeared again. The marching band appeared in the middle of the gym, interrupting the game. But no one seemed to care. They were cheering as they appeared again.

Not only was the school crowded with the newcomers, the whole universe got their people back. The group of students of said school, appeared on the sidewalk. Seeing how they slowly looked around.

MJ was standing on the sidewalk watching her class mates looking at their hands. The young girl walked towards a girl with silver hair, and asked her what time it was.

"Excuse me, I just wanted to ask, what time it is?"

"It's 5pm , but I don't think that's the thing you should be worrying about.", she answered.

"What do you mean?", but the mysterious girl was gone.

MJ turned around watching Ned helping Cindy up. Everyone looked confused. What the hell just happened? were the thoughts of everyone who just came back. Flash grabbed his phone, dialing his family, everyone followed suit. Even MJ tried to grab her phone, but it wasn't there. Her mind went back to how she watched as a few of her class mates and their bus driver turned into dust in front of her own two eyes. She then remembered how she had called her mother, asking if she and everyone were alright, but before she could add something more, she was now here, standing on the sidewalk observing everything around her.

Cries, smiles and horror filled up the atmosphere, as parents picked up their children. Hugs and never ending questions about their well being. Michelle observed the way how different the parents reacted to seeing their children after whole five years of not knowing what might happened to them. Her family arrived as soon as possible, attacking the young girl with hugs, kisses and more. It was then, that MJ saw her little brother, he wasn't eight anymore. Right in front of her was standing a teenager, her brother was thirteen, not a little child anymore. But that wasn't the strangest thing. The Jones siblings had no longer an age gab of 8 years, it now was an age gab of 3 years. And seeing that also Ned's baby sister was five now, and seeing how Ned cried, knowing that he missed all her birthdays, made Michelle realize that she herself missed five years of her brother growing up. Missing how the world had changed in five years.

The elderly woman, Mrs Taylor, who had worked at Michelle's favorite Coffee Shop, had passed two years within the snap. Gwen growing up, being an adult now and going to college. Michael going to middle school, living his teenage life. Five years, it has been five whole years. In those years she could have finished more than five hundred books, she could have graduated by now and started going to College now, starting her adult live. She could have spend her time with Peter...

Peter!, the thought of what might have happened to him, hadn't occurred to her. Did he survive the snap, and started dating someone else. Or did he integrated to dust as well.

During the drive home she saw how something bright and shiny flew right through an space ship. Were they still fighting? 

Michelle turned around, facing the profile of her brother's face. Observing every little detail, she noticed how the little scar right next to his right brow was fading away slowly. She also noticed that he had an earring. His brown eyes were mirroring the light of his smartphone. The sixteen year old girl turned back to facing the window. She needed to see Peter. she wanted to know if he survived the snap of not.

Ned was calling Peter as soon as he ended the call with his parents, but nothing happened. Ned was furious, he dialed the number again and again, not wanting to stop. Where was his best friend, how was his well being, was he hurt, did he fought side by side with the avengers, or... No, Ned couldn't think about that now. He just want to talk to his best friend. Calling his best friend for the twelfth time, someone took his phone.

"Ned, stop, you're worrying me.", MJ said, as she gave him his phone back.

"Peter won't pick up.", she added.

"I just want to know, if he survived or not. I mean, five years is a really long time. Do you think he forgot about me, about us?", Ned asked, his eyes filled up with sadness about the thought of Peter not remembering him.

"No, of course not. It's Peter, we're talking about. He won't ever forget us, no matter what.", the girl continued.

"Hey, if it's alright, can I maybe use your phone to call my parents? I don't know exactly where my phone is.", Ned nodded and watched as MJ, the girl his best friend was crushing on, was calling her parents.

______

Hey,

so that's the shortest chapter yet.

This chapter is set during the big battle right after Professor Hulk snapped.

I am thinking about putting a certain character in this book, maybe you have even found the Easter egg, if not, than read again. Let me know if you found it, and who do you think that said character is.

Anyway, hope u enjoyed it.

BYE

Rabiablueskies