EIGHTEEN

"do you have

"do you have... powers like him?"
______

Four weeks had passed and the school had started again. During the last few weeks, the life of Betty Brant had changed. Her former job as a journalist at the daily bugle had its highlight with an interview with the amazing local hero Spider-Man himself. That interview got her the job to be the personal assistant to J. Jonah Jameson and to even have the attention of the famous news reporter was rare. Everyone at the daily bugle would give anything to be noticed by him, and Betty got it by just having a simple interview.

When Betty has told the news of her new job to Ned and her friends, they couldn't be more happier than ever. And Ned was happy that his friend - best friend - has helped his girlfriend earning a job that everyone had bargained for.

Meanwhile Betty got her job, something weird was going on with Michael. He had been strange the few weeks long, and Michelle had noticed as her family had intended to have some quality time. Cousins, aunts and uncles visited them a few days before they left again to go back to their homes. Friends of Michael came to meet with him, but MJ saw that something wasn't right - or actually she felt something was off - as some boy she didn't know the name of visited them way often than all his other friends. Or how Michael started to take his phone with him anywhere.

There was that incident that happened a while ago, Michael had left his phone on the kitchen counter, thinking he was alone, though MJ was in her room, listening to music through her head phones. As she made her way downstairs to the kitchen, she noticed how his phone was turned on every second, because someone was texting him. And right before she wanted to check who it was - cause that what every sibling would do, if you let the phone somewhere alone - her brother came and snatched the phone right out of her hands, yelling at her to stop snooping around. Well, as you can predict, a fight started between these two and as their parents came back home, they were greeted by a lot of screaming and cursing.

That very same evening, Michael was showering and he left his phone in the room, but Mj didn't know when she entered the room to talk to him. But when she heard the water running in his bathroom, she realized that he was showering. And boy, let me tell you, that this 13 year old was taking a long shower. The curly headed girl was just about to leave the room and go back to hers, as she saw from the corner of her eye the bright screen of his phone lightened up.

She walked towards his nightstand where he had put his phone on, and watched as someone with a heart next to it messaged him something. She unlocked his phone, knowing that he always used the same password.

"You're so predictable, Michael.", MJ said as she searched the App with these messages.

Finding it, she opened it, to see that 'Beloved♥️' had send him hundreds of messages. MJ blushed. Her little brother had someone. Someone he obviously liked more than all his other friends, considering it by the way that this person was saved as 'Beloved' with a red heart next to it. Now realizing that she really invaded his privacy, she put the phone down on the night stand, carefully not making a sound.