TEN

"He just missed you, not that I'm jealous or something

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"He just missed you, not that I'm jealous or something."
______

Some would say you would never feel like a stranger to a school you went to, for two years. Some would say, you and your classmates would meet each other on the first day of every school year to just know that you're up for another boring school year with your amazing friends. But being gone for five years and having not aged in that time, you think you'd feel like a stranger entering the school you thought you knew, and seeing how it changed was strange. Cause you weren't there when it happened.

And Peter did feel like a stranger as he entered the hallway of his old, but at the same time, new school. It was two days after the Blip, as the news have called it, and Peter was forced to start his junior year again, though he finished it almost during the year the snap happened.

Peter's puppy dog eyes searched the hallway for someone he knew. For someone he could hug and now that he isn't alone. Knowing that Gwen has survived it, made him realize that his friends, Ned and MJ, could also had the chance to survive the snap. All his thought were traced back to all the possibilities of them growing up together, graduating together without him. They could have even started to have a job and maybe a family.

Peter's heart beat quickened, the thought of not having his friends by his side, after losing his last father figure, was terrifying. He wished so badly to at least have them by his side.

His eyes wandered through the crowd of people he didn't know. He may recognized a few faces, but he didn't know them. Never had talked to them, never even been assigned to work with them when they shared a class together.

Gripping the straps of his backpack tighter, Peter went through the crowd, his only goal was to reach his locker. He felt his heart beat fastened as he saw something - or rather someone - familiar at the end of the very same hallway he was standing on. Their eyes met, and Peter's heart skipped beat again, but this time because of relief. The bigger guy walked slowly towards him, and the young hero followed suit.

As happy as he was, Peter didn't care that strangers were watching them, as the two best friends did their handshake and then hugged each other, not wanting to let the other go. Peter hide his face on his best friends shoulder, crying. He was relieved that Ned was there, by his side.

His first day of school went as fast as bullets can go. Just one pull at the trigger and the bullet's free from its cage, that's how the students felt as soon as the bell rung. Racing down the hallways, the young adolescents welcomed their freedom. The first day of the week has finished, letting the other four days come faster.

Everything went faster, and Peter found himself the next morning at the school entrance. There were more student than the day before, the young hero observed his surrounding, his eyes searching the area for his friends. The day before, the young hero had just seen his best friend, no matter how many text he had send, his other more-than-a-friend friend hasn't answered him, nor had read the text.