NINETEEN

"I can help

"I can help."
______

"Imsuchahugefanofyours..."

"Miles, breath.", Gwen stopped her boyfriend's babbling.

It was the day after the phone call, and Peter - now disguised as the web-swinging hero - has agreed to meet them on the rooftop of an abandoned building to teach Miles how to use his powers properly. And it's been five minutes since the young pair saw him swinging towards them, and the boy couldn't stop babbling about him being such a huge fan of his work and all his adventures.

"C'mon Gwen, let him be happy.", Spider-Man laughed.

He was always amazed that people were fans of him. He was just a young kid from Queens and people way older than him were excited every time they spotted him in the city during his daily patrols. But Peter couldn't blame them, he himself was a huge fan of all the Avengers and he would have done anything to be noticed by them. And he did get noticed. All thanks for the little radioactive spider that bit him and presenting him a whole new chapter of his life as the web-swinging hero dressed in a red and blue - but now red and black - costume.

"Thank you again for coming. I know you have a lot to do, but... he really needs that.", Gwen flashed him a smile, still appreciating Peter's help, even though he had a lot to do with balancing school while saving people and keeping a strong relationship with MJ.

"You still owe me, don't think I forgot that. Anyway, how exactly did that happen? Gwen and I got our powers at the same time, but you... just found out?", Miles nodded. He himself was asking that question since being told by Gwen that she and the young avenger had gotten their powers during middle school.

With that, the dark-skinned boy started telling how he had gotten his powers. He started with him being with his uncle at the abandoned train track spraying the walls with graffiti. His uncle had left shortly after he got a call from his workplace. He had stayed there and finished his painting when he had felt a sting on his hand and the spray bottle fell from his hand because of it. He saw a spider. But no ordinary spider. It was a green-ish spider with red legs and light blue feet. Its cutters were also glowing light blue.

The eyes of the hero in red and black widened with every detail. The spider that has bitten him and Gwen were black with just red legs and cutters. Where did the spider miles had described came from? Did someone try to make their own powers, by creating a spider? But where had they known he was bitten by a radioactive one. Then suddenly, as if a lightbulb above his head lightened, an idea came to his mind, and the eye lenses widened more. "The Interview!", he whispered, catching Gwen and Miles off guard.

"W-what are you talking about?", Gwen looked in his eyes of the hero, or she tried to since they were hidden behind his mask.

"When have you got bitten?", the hero ignored the blond girl, his eyes darting directly at the dark-skinned boy.