FIFTEEN

"That's my boyfriend, Ned

"That's my boyfriend, Ned."
______

"How about... Laser Tag?", the sun was shining as birds we're chirping in the trees. Ned and Betty were sitting on a bench at the park eating ice cream.

"I always wanted to try it out,"  Betty said as her blue eyes gleamed.

Ned couldn't believe how lucky he was at the moment. Betty and he were dating for the past two weeks and he couldn't be happier. A drop if his slowly melted ice landed on his hand and he wiped it away with the extra tissue he got with the ice.

"Should we ask Peter and MJ to join us?", Betty asked after a while glancing at him.

"Uhm... Well, I don't know if Peter has time with his-", he stopped mid-sentence not wanting to tell her about Peter's double life. Yet.

"his internship?", Betty rose her right eyebrow as she finished his sentence. "it's summer for God's sake.", she added as she finished her ice cream.

"Well, Peter wants to get a real job out of it.", Ned continued after he finished his ice cream.

Betty gave up on having a double date with Ned's friends who also were her team and classmates. The love birds stood up and walked out of the park holding hands. Occasionally, Ned would look at her and thought how he was so lucky to have Betty on his side.

"Hey, isn't that... Gwen.", Betty said after a while and the pair walked towards the girl.

And it was Gwen who Betty had recognized.
Gwen had grown to a pretty young woman. Her blond hair was shorter than they had seen her the last time. And that was before the whole dissolving thing. She wore a blue sundress that complimented her ocean eyes. The blond girl was talking to someone they didn't know.

"Let's talk to her.", Betty dragged Ned by the hand towards the older blond girl and her new friend.

"Hey.", Betty said as she and Ned finally stood next to Gwen and her still unknown friend.

Gwen turned around to face the person who's voice belonged to and her eyes gleamed with joy as she saw two of her old friends.

"Oh god, I haven't seen you both since... 6 years.", she hugged both of them a smile not leaving her features.

Gwen introduced the pair to Miles and the group of four talked about how their life has been the last six years / nine months. It was still strange for the younger pair to accept the fact that some of their old school mates had grown to adults in the span of five years while they were gone. Wherever gone was. And to wake up five years later to a world that changed and people they knew growing up and living their lives.

Betty remembered the day her mother saw her for the first time in five years. She hadn't trusted her eyes when Betty stood in front of her.

"I saw you dusting away.", her mother had said as tears were rolling down her cheeks.