23

Wow. You are so dumb.

Shut up. I don't care.

Yeah. Let them see your Katana. Let them see your kenjutsu skills. Let them see this high quality steel stuff. Not at all suspicious. After all, why wouldn't Naruto have these things.

Shut up Kurama. I'm sure they won't ask me anything.

"Is this sharp enough?" Miyo, Mr. Yoshizuke's daughter asked him. She held the blade carefully and demonstrated it, she sliced a tomato and a watermelon in half in a blink.

"Yeah, it will easily slice through a tree it seems." Naruto grinned.

Can't wait till you show it to your teammates.

I'm not showing it to them.

Oh yeah. But they know about it.

I wanted them to know. I know they were looking Kurama .

Of course, said Kurama sarcastically. Of course you knew they were looking. It was your plan wasn't it?

Yes! Finally you understand.
Kurama did not understand. And he sighed in defeat.

Naruto kept the Katana back in his scroll and left the shop. He was aware of the the fact that his teammates and other teams had been here only a few minutes ago.  Avoiding local merchants, Naruto made his way to the training grounds.

The Chunin exams are coming up. I must practice. After that I can do whatever I want. No more team 7, no more "Sasuke-kun" no more "losing" .
He sliced a few trees with a wind Jutsu using his Katana.
Stupid goddamn village. Stupid goddamn Sasuke. Stupid goddamn Sakura.
A punch and a kick. A punch and a kick till the tree trunk had a huge gaping hole in it.
What do they they are. What do they think I am? I am not a monster.
He ran up to a tree and using its support jumped back in mid-air and threw kunais at targets. They all hit bullseye.
He crunched on his knees breathing hard, his eyes no longer blue, but red.

Slow down.
Naruto inhaled and exhaled. He opened his eyes which had returned to their normal shade of blue.

You aren't so good at controlling my chakra yet.

I know.

Just then his sensed something. Someone's chakra. He whipped around just in time to see someone hide behind the bushes. Without thinking or meaning to, that is, out of instinct he pulled out a shuriken and threw it at the bush. Suddenly a blue figure jumped out and landed on a tree branch.

"Sasuke." He said. It wasn't a cheerful tone. More like look-who-showed-up tone. He smirked.

"What are you doing on that branch Sasuke?" He asked.

"What are you doing out here dobe?"  Sasuke retorted.

"Oh I dunno, training?" Naruto snapped. Why does this goddamn Uchiha always have to interrogate him. "What about you." He asked. All this was making him annoyed. The last thing he wanted was Sasuke here. The "Amazing Uchiha Prodigy". More like stuck up duck-

"I came to train." Sasuke responded. He jumped down from the tree and walked over to Naruto who was casually leaning on something invisible. He looked different, with his hands in his pockets and open jacket. His hair wasn't as bright as it used to be and was rather messy. His clothes were dirtier as if he didn't bother cleaning them for the last couple of days. Well, Sasuke had decided not let his guard down. Not after learning about the Katana and this precise display of shuriken Jutsu.