64

Itachi's grip on Sasuke's neck tightened with each passing second, making Sasuke struggle and gasp.

Itachi simply stared at the younger Uchiha, not moving an inch.

Eventually, Itachi let go, when Sasuke decided to swing his legs up in an attempt to kick his brother. A futile attempt.

Itachi simply shifted to the side and let go of Sasuke. Sasuke slid down the wall and coughed pitifully. 

"Pathetic." Itachi spoke just one word, not bothering to even properly greet his younger brother, who had clearly not been able to live up to Itachi's expectations.

Meanwhile, Sasuke continued coughing, stunned at Itachi's sudden appearance.

How did he enter? How did he manage to pass through the several layers of guards and shinobis that Konoha had deployed? When did he enter? Should he go alarm others?

But seeing the person for whom he had been searching for so long, he felt nothing but resentment.

He wouldn't have hesitated to whip out his kunais against his brother, but due to the current state he was stuck.

"What are you doing here?" Sasuke finally spat out.
Itachi lowered his eyes. "Your friend," he said "He's quite ambitious."

Sasuke frowned, what friend? A second later his eyes widened in realisation as he bit down the urge to shoot up to his feet and yell. He glared at his brother, waiting for him to tell him more.

"With defenses this weak, you don't stand a chance." Itachi told him. The older Uchiha rubbed the ring on his finger, staring off into the distance. He seemed to be thinking. Sasuke had no idea what was going on. His mind screamed at him to send some sort of signal to the others, but at the same time he wanted to listen to whatever Itachi had to say.

Sasuke pushed to his feet, standing up and faced Itachi who was still slightly taller than him.
"You are still weak." Itachi told him, making Sasuke flinch. "You have absolutely no chance at defeating him. Defeating us. I don't know what I expected from you,"

Sasuke felt a chill run down his spine. This tone of voice. "What do you mean?" His voice stuttered slightly.

"Sasuke, " Itachi spoke in a clear voice, he turned to face Sasuke right in the eyes, "You are too weak."

"You're wrong." The younger one refuted. An ignorant statement, that caused Itachi to sigh. Both knew the truth.

They stood in silence for a while, and then Itachi turned around.
"Your ignorance will lead to your defeat. Konoha is a lost case."

Sasuke gripped his fists tighter, and gave an ugly look to his brother.
"So what? Are you running away? Like you always do? Again? Can't face me? Or do you hate me so much that you can't even stand to see my face?" With each sentence Sasuke got angrier, and approached the older Uchiha.
He whipped out a kunai once again, and raised it.
Itachi didn't move, but he shook his head.

An explosion rang out in the distance, causing Sasuke to flinch and turn to its direction.

That's where Sakura had headed, along with some other shinobis.

"Who-" Sasuke began, only to be interrupted by Itachi.

"Someone far more capable than you. " Itachi said staring off in the same direction.

"What are you talking about? Another one of the Akatsuki?" Sasuke spat out the name like it was the worst cuss word out there.

Itachi turned to him. "Used to be one of you." was the only thing he said before closing his eyes and vanishing into a flock of crows.