59

"Lady Tsunade-" An ANBU spoke up from outside the door.
"I AM BUSY ALRIGHT?!" The Hokage yelled from the other side.
She was already rather pissed at the pile of papers on her desk every goddamn day. She couldn't even have a proper drink! Plus the discussions with the new Kazekage-

"I'm extremely sorry, but it's Kakashi." The ANBU said again, hoping that this would quell the Hokage's anger.

It seemed that this worked as after a few seconds, she spoke up, "Let him come."

A few seconds later, Kakashi was standing in front of Tsunade as he briefly explained the matter at hand.

Ideally, the Hokage is supposed to be calm and composed even in the most terrible situations and lead the village with utmost sincerity.

But...Lady Tsunade was not exactly calm...

"What? The Akatsuki? Why?! That brat! I should've known! How dare he! " She yelled.

Kakashi tried to calm her down but then stepped back when she flipped the table.

"Shizune!" She called out to her assistant, "Take care of the paperwork, I have some matters to discuss."
She stormed out of the room, and Kakashi followed slowly while awkwardly apologising to Shizune who would have to take care if this mess.

Lady Tsunade wasted no time in calling a meeting of the Elders and Danzo, who headed an important section of the ANBU.
The Hokage was always the first in command of the ANBU and Danzo was the second. Hence, an important figure.

"What is this Tsunade... " The Elder lady spoke up.
Tsunade shot her a glare and raised her arms to her sides on the couch.
"Naruto joined the Akatsuki." Tsunade spoke coldly, wanting to get straight to the point and gauge at their reactions.

The Elder sir, who had just raised the cup of tea to his lips, choked and started coughing.
The Lady blinked several times and tilted her head.
Danzo shook his head.

A while passed and then the Lady Elder spoke, "Excuse me?"

Without missing a beat Tsunade repeated,"Naruto-"

"I know."

"Then why'd you ask."

Silence ensued.

"What are your plans Lady Tsunade?" Danzo asked quietly from the corner where he was standing.

Tsunade, thought for a while.
"We aren't sure...why he joined them..." she said slowly, unsure.

"What else, of course he joined out of anger-" The Male Elder sat his cup down forcefully.

"What's there to be angry about?" The Lady shot an angry glare at the man.

Tsunade brought down her arms and rubbed her temples.
"Alright. We don't know much about Akatsuki right now. All we know is that they exist and are made up of the most dangerous criminals out there. We also know that Naruto has joined. We don't know what their intentions are. " Tsunade tapped a finger on the table, enunciating every word.

"What about the hideout?" Danzo asked suddenly.

"Destroyed." Tsunade said, receiving sighs of relief from the Elders. With a smirk she added, "By Naruto."

"Why....?" The Male Elder asked.

"Maybe the Akatsuki are not on good terms with him." Tsunade shrugged.

"Can we use this as some kind of...opportunity?" The Lady said slowly.

"How exactly?" Tsunade inquired.