4.

I've played with Olivia for almost an hour now, and I'm not even a tiny bit tired.
She's adorable, with her ginger hair and big brown eyes.

She almost looks like Joe...

I think, biting my lip briefly as I start smiling for no reason. Wait, why am I smiling while I think about Joe?

My throath becomes dry and I stand up, eyes wide open.

It's all right Ben, you just have to calm down.

"Ben, can I have a snack?" Asks Olivia.
I jump a little and I nod rapidly as I pick her up, putting her on my shoulders.
She giggles a little, screaming in joy.

"What do you want to eat, princess Olivia?" I say, with a funny voice, pretending to be a Butler.

"Ice cream, please." She says in response, posing and fixing her imaginary crown.

I smile, opening the door to leave.

"Head down miss Olivia."

She squeezes my neck with her arms and we get out quickly.
Ah, I love kids.

**********

"Mr. Mazzello, I finally got the results back."
"Oh, great! Tell me."
"Well, Olivia's mother went to the sperm bank to get pregnant, so I searched for her file, and I got the father's name."
"Amazing, so who's the father?"
"It's you, Mr. Mazzello."

I nod, then I gasp, standing up and starting to feel dizzy. In less than a second I fall on the ground, passed out.

"Uh, hello? Are you still there sir?"

**

"Joe? Can you hear me?"

I open my eyes, seeing Ben looking at me with concern.
I yell, scooting away from him.

"Relax... It's just me. Are you okay? What happened?"

I look at him again, sighing.

"I was on the phone with the officer, and she told me who Olivia's father is."

"Oh! And who..."

"It's me, Ben. I'm her father. The mother took my sperm five years ago and... then she got Olivia... oh my God I feel dizzy again."

"No no no calm down Joe. I'll get you some water. Play with Frankie okay?"

As I close my eyes, Ben's dog starts licking my hand, making me smile a little.

"Okay, we can do this. I'm here. We'll raise this kid together, I promise Joe."

"Thanks Ben, I'm glad you're here."

"Well, anything for a friend."

He flashes a quick smile, giving me the glass of water and turning on the tv.

He's the best friend I've ever had.