5.

It's been three weeks since Olivia moved here, and summer just started, so she won't be going to school until september.

I have to be honest, I never saw myself being a parent.

I mean, I work literally all the time, and if I'd wanted a kid I should have someone by my side, but not just someone; it'd have to be a person I trust and love.
And since I haven't been with anyone after high school, this wasn't really in my plans.

But I really love Olivia. She is the sweetest, and thankfully there's Ben with us, otherwise I'd be doomed.
He's so good with kids, it's probably because of his job. I swear, every single kid loves him. I'm kinda jealous of that.

Right now I'm watching them play a kids game, and they're laughing so hard that the living room is filled with joy.
I gaze at Ben's eyes, a bit crinkly, and bright green. He throws his head back for a joke Liv said, and I can't help but smiling.

I feel truly happy for once.

Ben notices I'm staring and gives me a sweet smile, getting up from the carpet.

"Me and Olivia talked, and she told me that she doesn't know how to ride a bike." he says, staring right into my eyes with the same smile as before.

His eyes are sparkling.

I hear a giggle behind us, as she runs towards the counter to hug me.

"Can you teach me dad?" I jump a little, squeezing her in my arms.

"Of course, darling!"

She squeaks in happiness and I quickly pick her up, doing a little spin just to make her giggle again.

I look back at my flatmate, and he just smiles widely, making my heart ache a little.

I put my daughter down, feeling suddenly weird.

"We... uh, we could go to five guys and then buy a bike in the afternoon. If you want."

"Oh, yeah, I'm literally starving."

Ben grabs his jacket, and I put mine on as well, helping Liv with hers.

As we get in the car Olivia sings along with the music, messing up some words, and suddenly we start to sing with her.

The rest of the ride goes like that.

--------------------

"Okay, put your feet on the pedals and try to move, sweetie."

I hold the bike firmly, slightly scared that she's gonna fall, while Ben is waiting at the end of the block, with his arms open.

"Yes Liv, you are doing great!"

She starts moving and I slowly remove my hands from the bike, smiling briefly. She makes half of the sidewalk and then she screams in joy.

"Daddy, Ben! I made it!"

"Good job darling!" says Ben, with a strong british accent.

"Now, try to turn around sweetie, so we can go home."

Olivia nods as she pedals at the end of the street; she almost hits a sign as she turns around, but Ben grabs the bike before she can hit it, and then I quickly run in their direction.

"Oh my gosh, Liv, are you okay??"

"Yes daddy."

I sigh in relief, putting my hand on the bike to make her turn around, and as I do that, I feel Ben's fingers under mine.

We look at each other for a second, and I get up a second later, apologizing and chuckling in embarassment.
As we go home, I feel him staring at me; we stay completely silent, giving each other brief looks for the rest of the walk.