6.

Things got awkward between me and Ben after that.

Whenever I go in a room and he's already there, he usually leaves, mouthing a quick 'sorry' under his breath.
It kinda bothers me, we're bestfriends, we've been for five years.
And now, for a stupid thing we're avoiding each other.

I go in the kitchen, wanting to get juice, and I see that he's sitting on the couch, reading a book.

I sigh, closing my eyes. Then I call his name.

He practically runs in the kitchen, looking at me with concern.

"Hey, what's up?"
"Well... I wanted to talk."
"Alright. What is it?"
I sigh again, sitting on the counter and looking at him.

"We touched hands."
"Yeah... But it's no big deal, Joe."
"It is, apparently, cause we're avoiding each other."

He looks at his hands, biting his lips.

"Look, for me it's not a big deal... our hands touched, but why does it matter? It's really nothing, look!"
He places his hand on mine again and we stare at each other for a few seconds;

He smiles sweetly and removes his hand.
"You were enjoying it... you little bitch!"
"Okay! I like it, it feels nice. You happy now?" I say, my face completely red from the embarassment.
He laughs at me and I just go upstairs, biting my lip so I can stop smiling about what happened.

Ben's pov:

I actually was avoiding Joe, cause we just touched hands and yet I felt something that I've never felt before, at least not with him...

We're bestfriends, but I'm starting to think that if we had different jobs our relationship would've been way different. And I mean that things would've gotten weird earlier.

I lay on the carpet in the living room, closing my eyes as I start to think.
It's 3 am, so I'm sure nobody's awake right now.

"Ben?"
I jump way too hard and I bump my head into the glass table over me.

"Jesus christ, Joe!" I whisper in anger, looking at him with a pissed expression.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were sick!" He kneels down, grabbing my face carefully to see if I have a bruise.
I start flushing for the little distance between us and I close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his hands on my face.

"All good, you're just reddish, I think you need some ice."

He flashes a quick smile, getting up from the carpet and going in the kitchen.

"Uh, Joe?"

"Yeah?"
"Wanna watch the stars with me? On the roof."
He looks at me with a surprised expression, smiling briefly.
"Sure" he grabs a big blanket from the couch and we go outside, climbing on the roof, with some struggle.

When we get on the top, the view is breathtaking.