17.

Ben brought his boyfriend home this time. And I couldn't be more pissed than this.
Especially because Olivia really likes him and she's known him for like an hour.

It may sound bad, but I don't wanna be part of this, in any possible way.

As I clean the dishes quietly, I look at the two of them, laughing and talking really close to each other, sometimes giving me quick looks.

Gwilym says something to Ben in his ear, smirking at him and he just smiles.

I hate this I hate this I hate this.

At this point I'm unable to contain my anger and while I'm washing a knife, I cut myself accidentally, dropping it on the ground with a grunt.

"Dammit. Fuck."

I notice them coming towards me and I just turn around, ignoring their presence.

"Joe, are you okay?"
"Yeah. I'm okay." I look at Ben directly, excusing myself and shutting the bathroom door with anger.

Why does he hang out with that guy?

Why can't it be me?

----------------------

Ben's pov:

I look at Gwilym, letting out a long sigh, and he just puts his hand on my shoulder, trying to cheer me up.

"Why does he have to act like that?"

"Because he doesn't like the fact that I'm around you. Now, go in that bathroom and please, talk to him properly."

"Are you sure he wants me there...?"

"I'm sure." He looks at me intensely, then he gently pushes me towards the door, making me stumble a little.

I hold my breath as I'm knocking, and in less than a second, Joe opens up.
I blink a few times, feeling my heart pounding in my chest. He stares at me with red cheeks, and a weak smile on his face.

I look around before closing the door and I drag him towards the bathtub, sitting down slowly.

"I wanna talk. Properly this time."

"I'm listening."

I take a deep breath, unsure if it's better to look at him or not, then I squeeze my thighs nervously.

"Listen...I have to ask; did the kisses mean something to you...?" I look at the ground, suddenly holding my breath.

"Uh-"

"It doesn't matter, they meant something to me, okay? I would have never ever kissed you if I didn't want to, Joe."
He tries to say something, but I interrupt him, wanting to talk my feelings out.

"But then you said that it was nothing and I kind of lost hope. I thought you didn't like me."

"Ben, I-"

"Don't say anything, I know you probably think it's stupid but I like you, Joe. I like you a lot." I laugh through the tears, feeling my heart best faster and faster.

He looks at me with teary eyes, his bottom lip trembling and a smile slowly forming on his face.
Then he reaches for my hand, intertwining our fingers gently and smiling at me again.

We stare at the wall in front of us for a few seconds, both going quiet, and enjoying the comfortable silence, while stroking each others hands.
Then he turns his head in my direction, his mouth slightly open:

"Ben...?"

"What?"

"I like you too..." he whispers, looking down for a second, then back at me, with his gorgeous hazel eyes.

We keep holding hands while enjoying that magical moment, occasionally gazing at each other and blushing.