8.

Joe's break is over and he needs to go back to work. Thankfully, mine just started, so I can take care of Liv all day.

I go into her room to clean it, knowing she's having breakfast in the kitchen.

As I pick up her toys that are literally everywhere, she runs upstairs, hugging me from behind.

"I love you, Ben!" I look at her with a sweet smile, while picking her up with one arm.

"I love you too sweetheart. Have you finished your breakfast?"

"Yes! But I left a piece of pancake for you!" She says in excitement, placing her hands on my shoulders.
I smile again as we go back downstairs.
I eat the pancake, kissing her head right after.

"Ben?"
"Yes, Liv?"
"Daddy is your boyfriend?"

I look at her and I start blushing, stuttering a little.
"Well uh... I don't.. No he's not, why are you asking?"

Olivia just giggles and runs in the living room, sitting on the couch.

"Can we watch tv together?"
"I'm coming! Disney movie?"
"Yeah!!"

I clean the table and we choose a movie from our small collection.

That's when Joe intrudes in my thoughts.

I start thinking about when our hands touched, and I think about all the times we had physical contact during the years but it didn't bother me like it does now.

I look briefly at Joe's daughter, smiling for the surprised faces she's making and I decide to just enjoy the movie.

-----------------

Joe's pov

I've been thinking about Ben the whole fucking day.
I dropped a tray with medicines, I poured somebody's water on them and I left some papers somewhere I don't remember.

I can't work.

I sit down on the floor outside of a patient's room, holding my legs and staring at the ground.
If I were alone I'd start crying.
How can I focus when all I can think about is Ben? Why am I thinking about my bestfriend in the first place??

"Joe, are you okay?"

Lucy, the only person that actually likes me in this place. Well, she likes everyone but it doesn't matter.

"Totally fine. I've never been better..." I say, getting up slowly. She looks at me for a few seconds.

"I know what you're doing. Please don't try to guess what's wrong."

"I won't, you just look weird.
Anyway how's Ben doing? I haven't seen him in a while."

I freeze for a second, feeling my cheeks burn for no reason.

"He's... fine. He's at home right now."

She nods, secretely smirking.

"Why are you smirking??"

"Nothing Joey, relax! I gotta go now, see you at lunch?"

I nod, smiling a little while she hugs me; she runs towards Rami, her intimidating boyfriend, who gives me an angry look.

This is the worst day ever.