Epilogue

Joe Mazzello and Ben Hardy's house, one year later.

I gently put the plates on our table, straightening the table cloth and smiling for just a second. Perfect.

Ben walks towards me, wrapping his fit arms around my body and kissing the back of my shoulder.

"Are you alright...?"

I turn around, kissing him for a few seconds and pulling him closer to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smile sweetly at him, giving him a gentle kiss on the forehead and stroking his skin with the back of my hand.

This is the day I'm gonna tell Ben and his parents about the success of the adoption.

The doorbell rings, interrupting our special moment, and Olivia quickly runs towards the door, opening it with some struggle.

"Hi Olivia! Wow you are so big!!"

Ben's mom holds her tight while kissing her face repeadetly and making her giggle like crazy.

Then she jumps into Mr. Hardy arms, still giggling.
"Hi grandpa!!"
"Hey princess! I missed you!"

We smile at the scene, holding each other's hand and waiting for them to get here.

"Mom, dad!"
Ben hugs them both really tight, closing his eyes, then I go up to greet them and we all start eating dinner.

Suddenly, I take his hand from under the table, and he gives me a confused look; I smile at him, grabbing the papers from the counter behind me and standing up after taking a deep breath.

"Well, I have some exciting news!"

----------

Mr. and Mrs. Hardy immediately look at me, as well as Ben. I smile at everyone, clearing my throat.

"A while ago, Ben told me that he wanted to be Olivia's father, legally.
We discussed about it, and we got checked many times by social services to see how we were doing. It went great. The only thing that was missing, was this piece of paper."

I put it down slowly, walking towards him and taking his hands into mine, while looking at his bright green irises.

He blushes lightly, trying to hide a smile. I kiss one of his hands, smiling as well.

"Congratulation, you're her father now."

I hand him the paper, and after he looks at it for a second, he hugs me really tight, sobbing in my arms for happiness.
I let go a few tears, wiping them immediately and then he kisses me many times, still crying in between.

His parents quickly get up, and immediately run towards him, just to pull us both into a hug.
We smile, unable to contain the tears, and then Ben's mom takes his face into her hands.

"We're so happy for you. And so proud. You're going to be a great father."

He sniffles, and I can see his lip trembling. He then hugs them again, sobbing, as I look at them, tearing up with joy.

Ben breaks the hug, kneeling down in front of our daughter with his arms open. She jumps on him, giggling again and kissing his cheek.

"I love you daddy!" He smiles widely, squeezing her a little more.

Then we all get back to dinner, chatting loudly and filling the room with love and joy.

Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?
Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
Take me out and take me home
You're my lover.

----------------

Hey guys! This is the end of another great story, that gave me a lot of awesome memories and made me feel really loved.
Thank you so much for all your great comments, they're appreciated ♡

Don't leave yet, I still have a surprise for you guys!

Bye, Jules