CHAPTER 6

I walked over to the picnic table that had Chuck and Newt sitting at it. I sat beside Newt and sighed in satisfaction of being able to sit down. Newt still looked grumpy from earlier but at least he wasn't complaining all that much.

"How was cooking with Frypan Mickey?", Chuck asked while eating.

"Not bad at all. Frypan is quite nice and I think I have a thing for making sandwiches", I laughed a little at my own joke.

"Maybe you'd be fit for a cook then.", Newt said while turning to me.

"Maybe, but I want to at least try other things", I said while turning to my meal and starting to eat.

Someone then sat down beside Chuck, with a bright smile on his face. He had redish-brownish hair that was swept to the side and had a sort of Asian look to him, but still looked like an American. Newt looked up and froze in his seat, while Chuck looked confused at why some random boy was sitting beside him.

"Is it alright if I sit here today?", he asked, while staring at me.

"Uuhhh sure?", I replied, not really sure like I said.

"Cool", he stated and started to eat his meal.

Newt stared at him with hard cold eyes, and he looked somewhat pissed off. Who was this kid? I haven't seen him around here much. Chuck seemed to ignore his presence and continued eating.

"What are you doing here Michael?", Newt asked in a mono-tone voice.

"Can't I sit here? There's no rules against it, right Newt?", he said back while blinking innocently. Newt grumbled slightly and stood up from his seat, leaving his meal and walking off. What's wrong with him?

"I'm Michael by the way", he said while smiling at me.

"Mickey. What's wrong with Newt?", I asked him. I saw his smile fall a little, before regaining it's form on his face.

"I think that he's just had a bad day. I'm sure he's fine", Michael said. I decided to let the conversation go and I finished up my  meal.

"Well I'll be getting back to work. I'll see you guys later at Dinner", I said while standing and walking off. I just couldn't help but feel a bad vibe from that Michael kid. Even Newt got up and left so I'm guessing they both didn't like each other very much.

I went back to the kitchen, and waited for the Gladers to go back to work before I pulled back out the sandwiches. I started to turn on the stove and fry the bacon. It was a little difficult for me because it was something I hadn't done before. Or so that I remember. I was about to reach over to turn the stove off, when my arm hit the boiling hot pan. I jerked back and hissed at the pain. I grumpily turned off the stove and looked at my arm. A red mark had formed and was starting to throb. It went up my arm and was hurting a lot. First day I do a job, I hurt myself. I'm such a idiot.

"Hey Mickey, how ya' goin' with Dinner?", Frypan snapped me out of thoughts and I hid my arm behind my back.

"Uuh fine", I said while cracking a smile. He looked at me strangely.

"You okay? Ya' look a little pale", he said while stepping closer. I stepped back.

"I'm fine. I just nearly cut myself when chopping the bacon into slices. I'm fine, really", I reassured. Frypan soon nodded and walked off.

Thank god he left. If he found out, he'd tell Newt and that wouldn't go down well.

After finally finished the sandwiches, it was time for Dinner already. The Gladers started to walk in and line up for their meals. I started to hand out the plates and they all looked at me strangely, before grinning at the sight of food and walked to their tables. I successfully hid the burn on my arm and continued to smile at the Gladers that lined up. What surprised me though, was Alby came and took a plate. He smiled back at me and sat down with Newt. Once I was done handing out the plates, I grabbed one for myself and sat down with Minho,Newt,Alby,Chuck and surprisingly, that Michael kid.

"How was your first day with Frypan?", Alby asked while eating. Luckily, no one had passed out or died from eating my sandwiches so I'm guessing they were relatively good.

"I enjoyed it to be honest. Time went really quickly though", I said and took my first bite. It was actually very nice, so I was proud of myself.

"Man these are really good Mickey! I hope you cook for us everyday!", Minho said while chowing down his food.

"Don't let Frypan hear that!", Chuck said.

"Too late!", Frypan yelled from his place while glaring at Minho. Everyone started to laugh and Minho blushed from embarrassment. That was until someone broke the laughter with a serious voice.

"Hey what happened to your arm?".

I froze and turned to see Newt looking at my arm. Damn, I forgot to hide it! The red mark now was raw and stung a lot, with a little blood lining it. Everyone on the table turned to me and stopped eating.

"Uuh nothing", I said while hiding my arm on my lap.

"Doesn't look like nothing, let me see it", Newt said while standing up and walking over to me.

Uuhh man!