CHAPTER 25

I went to the Homestead after Dinner and walked up to the rooms where the injured were being treated and taken care of. I saw the door was open to one of them and peaked my head through the door way. I saw Clint taking care of a bandaged Braydon, who lay in bed asleep. Braydon's shoulder was wrapped with a thick, white bandage and held the broken bone in place. He had plasters (or whatever you call them in your country) on his face, where cuts were before. Clint sat in the wooden chair beside his bed, watching Braydon.

He looked so.... broken. And so hurt. I felt my heart tweak and sadden at the sight of his harmed self. I only really just met Braydon, and then he gets hurt by a falling piece of wood.

"Mickey?", a voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I saw that Clint had turned around in his chair to see me.

"Oh hey.... I just came to see if Braydon was okay", I said while stepping into the room and standing beside Braydon's bed.

"Well.... he's alright I guess. His shoulders buggered, may not be able to throw anything for a while. But his ribs are turned out fine. It was just his shoulder that got the damage. He'll live", Clint said while putting his elbow on his knee and leaning his head against his palm.

"That's good to hear. Why did the wood fall in the first place?", I asked while glancing at Clint.

"Some slinthead didn't hammer down the nails correctly, making the wood loose. Braydon was just unlucky to step under it when it fell", Clint explained.

Hammer down the nails correctly?! What stupid idiot can't hammer down a few nails correctly?!

"You should probably go to bed. I'll take care of 'em, don't worry", Clint said while nodding.

"Okay, seeya' tomorrow", I said before turning on my heal and walking out.

I made it out to the Glade area, but everyone was running around in panic. What now?! I turned my head from side to side, trying to look for an explanation, to see half of the boys standing at the main entrance of the Maze. Half of them were scratching their heads confused. I walked over and saw Chuck standing at the back of the crowd.

"Hey Chuck-", he looked at me. "-what's going on?".

"It's the doors, they're not closing".

My heart stopped. It was true that the doors were still open, not looking like they're going to close anytime soon. First the grey sky, Braydon getting flattened, now this?! What the hell is going with the Glade? What exactly did I do?!

I saw Minho, Thomas, Alby and Newt standing at the front, all as confused as the rest of us. I glanced at Newt and saw the stress lines grow more and more visible. If the walls don't close tonight, the Grievers will surely come in and kill us without a second thought. The Creators wanted us dead and now they're hurrying up the process.

"Alright everyone! We need to step up our game now! Build stronger walls on the buildings! Everyone grab whatever they can and get inside the Homestead before 7pm! Quickly! I want everyone helpin'!", Alby said while shooing everyone away. They scattered and started to grab all the useful equipment.

"Mickey!", I turned and saw Newt and Thomas yelling at me. "Get inside the Homestead! Quick!".

I started to head to the Homestead and rushed inside. Newt and Thomas followed, then came Alby and Minho. Newt came over pulled me towards the corner of the room. He told me to stay there while him and Alby got get everyone inside. Minho and Thomas were going to stay here with me, because I need 'protection'. Give me a freaking break!

After a while, everyone started to pour into the Homestead and the windows had layer after layer of wood crossed over them. Not much but could save a few lives if you ask why. Newt and Alby were the last ones back and locked the door. It stroke 7pm and everyone was as scared as ever. I looked around, but something struck me right in the stomach.

"Where's Chuck?", I asked. Everyone stopped and started to look around for the little 12 year old.

"Crap...", I heard Alby say.

I dropped everything and ran my way to the door. I heard everyone screaming at me to get away from it, but it was already too late. I yanked it open and ran out at full speed.

"MICKEY!".

I heard Newt the loudest, but ignored it as I searched for the little boy. Where the hell are you?!!!!