CHAPTER 21

Everyone one was hoping that the next morning would be a normal, usual day in the Glade. Which it was, except for one minor little thing. The sky turned grey. Not cloudy grey, just grey. Chuck exclaimed that it was like a boring ceiling. And that's what it seemed like. It didn't look like it was going to disappear, so everyone feared for the plants and animals not getting any light. I could see the pressure building more and more on Newt, having to take over Alby as well.

I saw Thomas and Minho head into the Maze, regardless of the sky. I had to go do Med-jack work today, even though I wanted to stay with Newt for the day. I kept with Clint and he taught me about bandages and other medical items. But I couldn't concentrate. Of course the sky was bugging me, and what I said last night. What Newt said last night....

"Mickey? You listenin' or not?", Clint was looking at me strangely and concerned.

"O-Oh yeah... just thinking about the sky", I said while gripping the end of my shorts.

"Yeah, it is really weird. Everyone's worried as hell....", Clint said before standing up. "You can go to Lunch early, I know you need it".

"Thank you..", I said and walked out of the Homestead.

I was going to head to the Kitchen area, when I saw Newt sitting down against a tree. He looked real down and was playing with a bland of grass. I decided I should go over and at least comfort him. I made it over to him and crouched down infront of him. I flickered his eyes up, cracking a smile before looking down again.

"Hey Mick...", he greeted.

"You okay? I know your stressed. Is there anything you want me to do?", I asked him, before sitting down on my butt with my legs crossed over.

"Nah I'm okay.....", he said, avoiding my eyes.

"Newt, please I want to help...", I said and he didn't answer for a while.

I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, and hugged him. I know it was kind of cheesy, but I think he really needed it right now. Newt returned the hug by wrapping his arms around my waist, and he leaned his head against my shoulder. I felt his tense shoulders relax and he took a deep breath. I stayed there for a while, letting Newt settle and relax, before pulling away. I looked at his face and saw he looked a little better.

"Thank you Mickey.... I really needed that...", he said while a smile spread across his lips.

"I'm glad", I said and he nodded.

"Hey um..... about that.... k-kiss the other day. I hope that I didn't.... offend you. I mean like it was stupid a-and I shouldn't of-", he stumbled on his words and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I couldn't help but chuckle. I had to admit, it was kind of.... cute.

"O-Oh yeah.... don't worry about. It's fine", I said while hoping my cheeks haven't flared up like tomatoes.

"Oh cool.....", Newt said while forcefully pulling his hand away from his neck. "I was wondering if...... ummm....... we could... do it more often".

I blinked and felt the blood rush right up to my cheeks. I mean yeah it would be alright but... I'm not sure if he worded it right. Newt seemed to notice that and his face turned bright red.

"No wait that came out wrong! I meant that.... if we c-could have a better relationship-".

"Yes".

Newt stopped and looked at me. I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face, even though I was blushing hard. Newt then smiled widely, before sitting up straight.

"G-Great! I mean... yeah great! Thank you!", he said cheerfully before hugging me again. He was high up on his knees and his arms were around my shoulders.

"Your so funny Newt", I said while giggling into his chest. I couldn't help myself, his reaction was so cute!

"Why?", he asked while pulling away and his hands on my shoulders.

"Your stuttering so much and your really red", I stated while pointing at his cheeks. He widened his eyes and rubbed his cheeks, hoping to get rid of the redness.

"I-I don't know what your talking about", he denied while covering his face. I laughed and pulled his hands away and lifting up his chin. He looked at me and blinked, unable to speak.

"Let me", I said before pressing my lips softly against his. He was shocked at first, before he kissed back, closing his eyes in the progress.

God I hope Minho doesn't hear about this....he'll never let me forget it.