CHAPTER 8

It was starting to get late, so I left Minho and Chuck and went back to my sleeping spot. But what surprised me, instead of the kid that usually sleeps beside me, was replaced with Michael. What was he doing here? Doesn't he have some other person to sleep next to? I brushed him off and laid down in my spot, which caused him to turn to me and grin.

"Hey", he said.

"Hi", I replied back.

"I decided that I didn't want to sleep next to Gally again, so I switched places with the guy who had this spot. Is that okay?", Michael asked. Switched? You're allowed to do that?

"I guess so", I answered back, before turning my back to him and forcing myself to block out his noises.

"What job you doin' tomorrow?", he continued to talk. I'm starting to get annoyed by this kid now.

"Gardening", I grumbled slightly while closing my eyes. Hopefully I'll fall asleep before he continues to talk.

"Oh cool, you're with me tomorrow", Michael cheered. Ah crap!

"Hey would you shut up? Can't you see Mickey's tryin' to sleep? Along with everyone else around ya'?", a voice spoke up. I opened my eyes and turned around slightly, to see Newt sitting up in his sleeping bag, a few bags away from us. He didn't look very happy and was glaring at Michael.

"Just tryin' to be friendly. Maybe you should try it sometime Newt", Michael said while glaring right back at him.

"Just shut up and sleep or I'll throw ya' off the Cliff before you can say 'shuck he's throwing me off the Cliff!' ",Newt snapped and laid back down, disappearing from my line of vision.

Finally, it was quiet. But what did Newt mean by the Cliff? What was that? But then I realised that I was tired as heck, so I fell asleep in my warm sleeping bag.

The next morning, I was woken up by the sunlight shining down on my face. Even it was early, it was a pleasant way to wake up. I sat up and saw that I was the last to wake up. All the boys were gone and already working. What time was it anyway? I stood up and stretched, before starting to search for Alby for my job today. I found him near the kitchen and he looked annoyed already.

"Finally, you missed out on breakfast so Frypan saved you a sandwich from yesterday", Alby said while handing me one of my sandwiches from yesterday. I took it and ate it quickly, before following Alby over to the gardening area.

"You'll be spending today here, planting any crops or anything Zart tells you to do", Alby soon introduced me to Zart and showed me where to work. Luckily, Michael was on the other side of the field, so I considered myself safe for now.

I met another guy Braydon and he seemed nice. He was younger than me by maybe a year, but something did occur to me while I was planting some seeds. What do I actually look like? There's no mirror around the Glade, so I haven't seen myself. I decided to grab my hair that was infront of my face at the time, and saw that my hair was a light brown, and was wavy. It had a small shine to it, but wasn't perfect. I haven't brushed my hair once while I'm here, so it's a little messy.

"Hey Braydon", I called out to him without looking up. He turned to me.

"Hm?".

"What do I look like? And how do I look?", I asked him. He stopped his work for a minute, before starting to stare at me.

"Well you've got long brown hair, and it's kind of wavy. You have a round-ish face and dark blue eyes. You look about.....Sixteen? Seventeen at the most", he explained before turning back to the soil on the ground.

"Thanks...", I said.

"No problem", he said back with a small smile.

Suddenly, a loud alarm went off through out the Glade. Everyone stopped their work and looked up, shocked. I blocked my ears and looked around for an explanation about the noise.

"What is that?!", I yelled over the noise.

"It's......the Newbie alarm".