CHAPTER 31

Newt lay under me, utterly confused about why I suddenly was so happy. But I couldn't contain it. I sat back up and turned around, looking at the maps, trying to hold them up in the sunlight to try and see something. I heard Newt sit back up and look over my shoulder, trying to figure out why I was going mad.

"It's a code Newt! The Maze, the walls move every night and make a new letter or part of a letter. Minho said that the pattern of the Maze starts again and replays the same ones as the month before. It's spelling out words Newt! This could be our way out of here!", I said with excitement. Newt looked like he was processing the information for a while, until something clicked inside him and he grinned.

"Oh my god! You figured it out Mickey!!", he yelled and squeezed me from behind. I choked out and squirmed in his arms.

"N-Newt! C-Can't breathe!", I squeaked out. He loosened his grip but kept the toothy grin on his face.

"Sorry, but your so amazing! How did you figure that out?!", he asked while peaking over my shoulder. I turned my head and looked at him.

"You said our love doesn't haven't to be in code, and I somehow thought that the Maze could be a code!", I said before turning back to the maps.

"Wow.... your so smart Mick!", he said while tightly hugging his arms around my waist, but not so tight like before.

"But I can't see through the papers. We need baking paper, it's more see-through. Can you go to Frypan and get some? I'll find some pencils and pens", I said and Newt nodded, before jumping up from his spot. He then helped me stand and was about to walk out, when he turned back around and kissed me on the lips. He then pulled away still grinning, and ran out the Map room. I stood there for a minute, before blushing and smiling to myself.

I pulled myself together and ran out the Map room as well, and back to the Glade. I saw Newt go to the kitchen area while limping quickly. I smiled and started to search for any pencils and pens. I found about five when I heard searched around the whole Glade. I figured that would be enough and headed back to the Map room.

I then saw Alby walk across the Glade and started to help out in building back the Homestead walls. I guess they gave up in doing the other buildings and focused on the main Homestead. I then saw Braydon steadily walk out the Homestead, with Jeff helping him to walk. Braydon had the same bandage over his shoulder, without a shirt on. He looked less pale than before which made my heart feel a little m0re calm. I walked over to them and stood in front of the two.

"Oh Mickey, there you are. I was lookin' for you", Jeff said. Braydon looked up at me and cracked a smile.

"Hey...", he greeted.

"Hi, you feeling better?", I asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah... I am", he said. I stepped forward and carefully hugging his middle. I didn't want to hurt him so it was light hug. But Braydon returned it by hugging over my shoulders weakly.

"I'm glad your okay...", we said at the same time. We pulled apart and laughed at each other.

"I'm gonna take Braydon to Frypan to get some food. You wanna come?", Jeff asked while holding up Braydon's other arm.

"Oh I'm sorry I can't. Newt and I need to do some mapping. But I'll catch up with you guys at Dinner. Bye!", I said before turning around and waving back at them. They waved back and went to the kitchen.

I made it back to the Map room and saw Newt with a roll of baking paper. He smiled at me when I entered and asked me what he needed to do. I put the pencils and pens down and told him to use a knife to start cutting the baking paper into squares for the maps. He nodded and started to cut. I took a few sheets that he had done and started to trace the maps on to each piece. I did one section of the Maze, then turned to another section.

We were at it for hours, until Minho and Thomas came in while sweating. I asked them if they found anything and they said nothing much was different. The Cliff held the Grievers Hole which could be our way out. But obviously these letters mean something. They asked what we found, and Newt explained how I said that the Maze could be a code. And he kind of over exaggerated about me being amazing and a genius. But Minho seemed impressed.

"Wow, Mickey! You've been here a week and you already discovered somethin' we haven't", Minho said while smiling.

"Wait hold on... have you ever compared the maps together? The ones from the same section?", I asked while stopping my tracing.

"Yeah, it didn't reveal anythin' though", Minho said while sitting down on the floor and helping Newt cut baking paper. Thomas stayed standing behind me and looked at the maps in front of me.

"Have you ever compared the maps together from different sections?", Thomas asked while looking up. Minho was silent and started to think.

"No....", he said.

"Pass me section 8 and 4", Thomas asked while pointing at one in the piles. I grabbed section 8's on baking paper and 4's on normal. Thomas knelt down and put section 8's on top of 4's. Minho and Newt came over and looked over Thomas's shoulder to see. It then revealed a letter.

F

"It works!", Minho cheered. Newt hugged me over the shoulder and squeezed me again.

"Your a bloody miracle Mickey!", he yelled while grinning.