CHAPTER 20

That night, Thomas was put into the Slammer. Long after Chuck and Newt had already visited him and everyone was asleep, I decided I should talk to him. I crept over and knelt down beside the door, only being able to see from the torch beside me. I squinted and saw a figure sitting down and leaning against the wall.

"Thomas?", I whispered out. His head turned to me and he crawled over to the wooden criss-cross door.

"Mickey? Why are you awake?", he asked me.

"Just wanted to talk...", I answered while sitting on my knees. Thomas nodded before sitting down on his behind and leaning his face against his hand.

"I remember you know...", I snapped my head up and blinked at him confused.

"Remember what exactly?", I asked him.

"The Creators.....the Maze....I remember it. I even remember all you guys...", Thomas confessed while avoiding my eyes.

"Y-You really remember? Have you told Alby or Newt?", I asked him. This could help us with getting out of this god-forsaken place.

"No....I haven't told anyone", Thomas said while finally looking up at me.

"Then why are you telling me?".

"Because I trust you. I feel like I know you more than anyone else around here..... you seem....important", Thomas said.

Why am I always the 'special' one? What did I do to earn that title? I'm the same as everyone else here, except a girl. That's it, the only difference. I need answers god damn it! I'm tired of just being left 'uncompleted' because the Creators don't give a flying toss about our well-beings. How did Alby live with this for two freaking years? Being the first here must have been so frustrating!

"Mickey..... everything's changing. And it's because of us. We have a purpose of being here", Thomas exclaimed. This is just too much, I just want to get out of here and live a normal life. One that doesn't include feeling so in-the-dark and clueless.

"If that's true, then what is it Thomas huh? Why are we so important? Get your head on straight and wake-up", I said while standing up to my feet. He looked shocked at my words but still pressed on.

"I am awake, it's you who isn't realising it", he fought back.

"Says the one behind bars", I replied back and glared down at him. I've had enough of this!

"Please Mickey just listen to me-".

"No you listen Thomas. If you continue to believe we're so special and have a purpose here, your going to get yourself killed. Alby is in bed in pain because he thought there was a ticket of here, but that was false belief. If you want to lead us into victory and possibly get us killed, that's fine with me. As long as I'm not involved", I finished off and turned away from him. Why am I so angry about this?

I walked off to the Deadheads and walked deep into the trees. I soon stopped and climbed up a tall tree, sitting down on the thickest branch there was. I took a deep breath and felt tears roll down my cheeks. I don't want to be here. I want to know why this has happened to us. Who are the Creators and why did they put us in this hell-hole?

I sat there for a while, just thinking and crying at the same time. It was quiet yet so loud in my head. So many questions, not enough answers. Actually, no answers at all. I then heard footsteps and crunching leaves. I stopped my sniffing and whimpering and watched as a familiar person walked through.

"Mickey! Where are you?!", Newt called out.

I kept quiet and watched him panic momentarily. He then stopped under the branch I was on and looked around. Unfortunately, a tear rolled off my cheek and right on to Newt's scalp. He blinked and reached up, touching his scalp. He then looked up and gasped slightly.

"Mickey, what the bloody hell are you doing-". He stopped when I let out another choked sob and more tears fell down my face.

Newt then started to climb the tree, stopping on my branch and carefully sitting down beside me. I immediately through my arms around his shoulders and cried into his chest. He steadied himself, before hugging me back.

"I don't want to be here anymore Newt! I want to go home! Any where's better than here!", I said while crying into his shirt, making it wet.

"I know.... and we will. I promise you Mickey, we will get out of here", Newt said while his warm hand was on the back of my head. It was comforting, just what I needed right now.

"Y-You promise?".

"I do, I promise".