New Intership [1]

DISCLAIMER: Trigger warnings- Abuse, Drugs || Art doesn't belong to me!!

Peter's POV:

"YOU'RE KIDDING!" I exclaimed, running my fingers through my hair. I wanted to cry I was so happy. "You can't be serious right how! Oh my God..." I felt a little light headed, so I sat myself back down in the soft chair.

My student counselor sat across from me, smiling at me politely. I was glad she had told me in her office, since if she told me in the hallways of the school, I would've made a big scene.

"I'm very serious. You're first meeting is with Tony Stark's assistant this upcoming weekend," The counselor informed me. She started putting on some chapstick as I processed her words.

I had just been chosen for a scholarship/internship at Stark Industries. What the hell is happening... I wondered to myself, staring out the office window. "So like... this weekend I just stop by the Avengers Tower or...?" I asked her.

"Yes," She replied.

Whelp, that was a good guess on my part. Wait a minute... "So does that mean I get to meet the Avengers?!" I questioned, connecting the dots.

"I highly doubt it, they're probably never in the same place unless of emergency," She pointed out. I let out a sigh of disappointment.

Don't be all sad, at least you get to meet Iron Man's assistant!! How cool is that?! I told myself in my head. 

"You best be getting to class, Mr. Parker." The counselor gestured to the door.

"Right, right. Thank you so much!" I spluttered as I grabbed my backpack and left her office. I stood outside her room for a good five minutes, just running my fingers through my hair and whispering "Oh my God" over and over.

I get to meet Iron Man's assistant. 

If that's not a huge win, I don't know what is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I checked my watch.

3:21PM.

I had approximately two hours to get to Avengers Tower on time. 

It was Friday afternoon, and I had just gotten home from school, and I was working on my super suit.

That's right, I made a superhero suit.

I haven't really tested it out yet, but it looks really cool. I've decided to be called Spider Man, since my suit contains web shooters in the wrist.

"PETER PARKER!" I winced when I heard my mom scream my full name. That usual means she has something for me to do. I knew that if I didn't do it, something very bad would happen.

I stared at my suit. I really really wanted to work on it a little bit before I went to my internship, but I also knew that if I obeyed my mother, I wouldn't have enough time to. I sighed, folding up the outfit and shoving it in a box under my bed. 

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" I bit the inside of my cheek, running out of my room and into the living room.

"What do you need, mom?" I asked her as I entered the room.

"I need you to run to the gas station to pick up some cigarettes." My mom was watching some drama show on the TV as she spoke to me. Her bright red lipstick was a bit smudged on the corner of her lips, telling me that she had been making out with her boyfriend.

Who is her boyfriend right now? I wondered to myself. Oh.. I think his name is Ricky. Yeah, Ricky. 

I processed her words for a moment, watching her blow a puff of smoke. She had a cigarette in her fingers, her arm hanging over the arm rest of our couch full of cigarette burns. 

"B-but... mom... I don't have enough time to do that and then head to my internship~" My mom turned and glared at me, narrowing her eyes slightly like she was studying my reaction.

I fidgeted with my hands, waiting for her to say something.

"I mean, you could instead do Ricky's errands..." My mother replied, her voice trailing off.

I flinched at her words. "No no... I can go get you cigarettes," I responded quickly, looking at the floor. Ricky's errands were the worst. It always involved meeting with some sort of drug dealer. Sometimes if the dealers were daring, they'd offer money for me to sleep with them. It made me really scared, since I'm only 15, so I often tried to avoid Ricky's errands at all times.

I looked at my watch again. 3:27PM.

I took a deep breath and ran back to my room. I grabbed my backpack, so I could study on the way there. I placed a hoodie and some money inside, just in case I needed it. I ran back downstairs to the kitchen, where I searched for a lunchbox. 

I was sad when all I could find was a brown paper bag.

I quickly made myself a sandwich and shoved it in the bag, with a juice box. I rolled it up and put it in my backpack, so if I stayed late I could have dinner.

I checked the time. 3:38PM.

After I was finished packing, I left the apartment with a sigh. As I walked down to the lobby, I considered my options. If I bought cigarettes, headed home, then headed to Avengers Tower, I would be late for the appointment. If I bought cigarettes, headed to the Avengers Tower, and then headed home, my mom would beat me for not bringing them right away. If I headed to Avengers Tower, bought cigarettes, then headed home, I would get beat worse for bringing them even later.

 I ran my fingers through my hair as I left the apartment building. I scrunched my eyes shut for a moment, then opened them. I decided I was going to stop at the gas station first, and then head to my destination. I knew my mother would be upset, but this Stark Industries stuff was the most important thing at the moment.

I start jogging to the nearest Gas Station, making sure not to go too fast since I don't want to run out of energy. On the way there I swear I thought about nothing. My mind was blank for a long time. 

By the time I got there, picked out the cigarettes and stopped by the counter, I was tired. Bill, the man at the counter who happened to be a good friend of mine, just shook his head.

"I can't let you buy that, Peter," Bill told me. "You gotta be 18."

I shook my head. "Bill, they aren't for me, they're for my mom." I gave him pleading eyes, trying to show innocence.

Bill shook his head again. "Still can't, kid. It's the law."

I looked around to make sure there was nobody around, and then slammed my fist down on the counter. "You know what she will do to me," I said between clenched teeth, my voice cracking slightly.

Bill's eyes went soft and sad for a second, but he quickly hardened them. I only saw it for a moment, but I saw it enough to know what he was going to do next. "Fine, but you can't tell anyone about this." He snatched the money out of my hand, giving me the change in return.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed and quickly ran out of the gas station as soon as the exchange was finished.

I checked my watch. 4:12PM.

I began to run to the Metro station.