Last Words [28]

A/N: grab some popcorn because this chapter is crazier than the last one

Peter's POV:

I sat on the couch, closing my eyes to try and calm myself down. Arya and Elijah were speaking to each other in the other room, probably talking about me. I wish I could hear what they are saying. I rubbed my chest, adjusting my position on the couch.

Wait a minute, I can. I closed my eyes and concentrated, letting my spider senses come to me.

"What are we going to do with him?" I heard Arya ask. "I know what you're going to say Elijah, and my answer is no, we are not having a kid stay at this house."

"Why not? We obviously can't let him leave, so why not let him stay? It'll be a fun, family bonding experience," Elijah tried.

"This kid comes no use to us. If we're not making money off of him, he goes. There's no way we're losing money on someone. We have to get rid of him," Arya pointed out.

I stood up suddenly, biting my lip. I knew what 'getting rid of him' meant, and I wasn't down for that.

"Why?" Eli asked.

"It's what we do to anyone who finds out, stop being a bitch about it."

I heard them start walking into the room. I chewed on my fingernails, watching them stop and look at me.

Arya smiled. "Hey Peter, would you mind helping us out with something downstairs? Just a quick favor," She explained.

I nodded, swallowing nervously. I felt my palms begin to sweat. "Okay," I replied, trying to make my voice somewhat steady. I knew what was coming for me, I just had to act natural until the right moment, so I could have the perfect chance to escape.

Elijah had a hurt look on his face, like he was mourning before I was even dead. He couldn't even look me in the eyes, he stared at his feet, his hands fidgeting together. It seemed as though he was more nervous than I was, which I didn't even think was possible considering the situation I was in.

Arya began to walk down the stairs. I knew I should follow her but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Based on the sounds from earlier, I knew they killed people down there, and I was the next victim. "Come on," She gestured, giving me an assuring smile. I finally pushed myself to take a step towards her, and before I knew it I was walking down the stairs knowing it was the last flight of stairs I'd ever walk down.

I just knew this Elijah guy was too good to be true.

I shouldn't have came here, I should've listened to Wade. I thought to myself, regretting the worst decision of my life. He's smart, despite being a killer. Why didn't I listen to him? I winced. Peter, this is not the right time for self doubts. You can do this.

When we made it to the last step, I smelt something strange but familiar. Then I decided to take a look around.

Weed plants. Everywhere.

"I thought you guys only sold cars," I murmured, staring in awe at the amount of pot growing in their basement.

Elijah's eyes widened. "Oh, so you knew about that?" He asked me out of surprise.

"Yeah, I knew you guys killed people for it but I never intended for you to find out I knew," I informed him, trying to show that I can be trusted with the knowledge.

Eli looked at Arya, but she just scoffed. "Please, after tonight, he'd be telling everyone," She told him. Then she turned to me. "Look Peter, you seem like a good, kind hearted kid. Great kid even. Hell, I'd give a thousand bucks for you to be my own child," She began to say, walking towards me and wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "But that's the thing, you're not." I felt a needle get stabbed into my neck.

"Gah!" I exclaimed, dropping onto my knees and pressing my palm on the injection point. "What the hell?" I asked.

"You're not my kid, Pete. That means that I don't give a damn about you." Arya spit in my face, causing me to flinch. Then I flipped her off.

Elijah sighed. "You were just injected with a substance that decreases your strength immensely, so don't even try fighting back," He informed me. "You don't want to spend your last moments trying to do the impossible."

I felt Arya lift me by wrapping her arms under my armpits, dragging me over to a pole in the basement that seemed to help support the rest of the house. She took out some rope, tying my hands around the back of it. "Fuck you," I breathed out, hating them with every piece of me.

"You're smart, but useless," Arya replied, standing up and dusting off her hands. "Eli, where's my gun?" She asked him.

"On the counter, Ari," Elijah replied, looking at one of the plants. "This one grew a bit taller than the rest," He commented.

Arya returned with the gun in her hand. I noticed it was already cocked when she pointed it at me. "Any last words, Peter Parker?" She asked.

"Go fuck yourself," I spat.

But when she was about to pull the trigger, my brain went on autopilot.

"I'm Spider-Man!" I exclaimed. 

Her eyebrows raised, she lowered the gun a bit. Elijah turned towards me, away from the plant he was observing. "What did you just say?" He asked, not believing his ears.

I realized what I had just done. "I-I'm... I'm S-Spider-Man..." I repeated with a lot less confidence.

I knew I had just dug myself a very deep hole, and I'm about to jump in it.

A/N: whelp, peter just got himself into the car stealing, drug selling industry