Dinner Time [8]

A/N:

I read the comments on the last chapter and I cannot thank you all enough, some of y'all are way too nice to me and I just want you to know that I read every single comment❤️I love you all individually <3 take my love in return lmao

Peter's POV:

The table was filled with spaghetti dinner.

Several pots of spaghetti noodles, a few pots of spaghetti sauce with meatballs, a pot of corn, two bowls of croissants (quacksons), a plate of butter, three containers of Parmesan, a giant stack of plates and many forks and spoons all spread out across the table.

The room smelled so delicious. I've seriously never had a meal so fancy and I doubt I ever will again. "This looks amazing!" I exclaimed as soon as I saw it all.

"Thanks," Vision replied, seating himself at the table.

"Y'all better appreciate the sauce I made from scratch," Sam declared. He was sitting next to Bucky, who was covering a plate of noodles and sauce with Parmesan.

"My dad always made homemade sauce," Wade informed everyone when he sat down next to Natasha.

"Is it any good?" I asked him, sitting down on the other side of him. I started putting spaghetti noodles on my plate. 

"The best. I wish you all could taste it."

"You should bring it sometime, I'm sure Sam is tired of making it from scratch. He always says it tastes better homemade, but I don't see a difference. Maybe it's just a mortal thing," Thor explained to everyone.

"Hey!" Sam shouted in his big man voice, that's what he calls it anyway.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Wade seemed uncomfortable.

"I think the sauce is great," I assured Sam.

"Thank you! See? Someone knows how to appreciate my skill. Y'all should be taking notes."

"Can someone please fill his mouth with meatballs?" Natasha begged.

"Okay!" Clint answered. "Sam, open up! I've got perfect aim." The goofball held a meatball in his hand. Sam opened his mouth and Clint tossed it perfectly inside. Sam raised his eyebrows.

"Mm, good stuff," He commented with his mouth full.

Just then, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers entered the room. "Steve! Can you bring some salt?" Clint called as he scooped some corn onto his plate. I began doing the same, figuring that some vegetables would be healthy.

Steve grabbed salt and also grabbed a napkin. As he walked over he stopped in front of me. He grabbed my chin, tilted it upwards so it faced him. "You've got sauce on your mouth, bud," He told me, wiping the corner of my mouth with the napkin in his hand. Did Captain America just mom me?

"You too," Steve declared, also wiping Wade's mouth. I noticed that Clint had begun throwing meatballs into Bucky's mouth as well.

"Steve, cut it out. They're just going to get more sauce on their face anyways," Tony pointed out, sitting on the other side of me. Steve rolled his eyes and sat across from Tony, next to Bucky.

I still can't believe I'm having dinner with the Avengers.

"What the hell is happening," I mumbled under my breath.

"I have no idea. They never even mentioned dinner until you arrived. Tony must really like you," Wade replied, shoving a croissant into his mouth.

"I doubt it. He caught me in a lie as soon as he met me and I was late for today's work. I'm probably the worst intern he's ever had," I informed Wade in return.

"Uh.. Peter... as far as I know, you're the only intern he's had."

I looked up at Wade in surprise. "So... I'm his first intern?" I asked him, not believing my ears.

"Yeah."

No wonder they're acting like I'm all special. I'm literally the guest here, a high school student chosen at random to be Tony Stark's intern. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to comprehend the situation.

"You okay there buddy?" Wade was looking at me with concern. His question must've been loud since it caught the attention of everyone seated at the table.

I looked up at The Avengers and then looked at Wade. "I think I'm going to use the restroom," I dismissed myself, standing up and leaving the room quickly.

A/N:

I just saw Spider-Man Far From Home and I'm recovering😭Also if you haven't seen it yet, make sure you watch the mid credits scene! It's actually important in this movie