Heart Rate [14]

Tony's POV:

"Sir, Peter's heart rate is dangerously high." I heard Friday's voice before I went to bed.

"Is he at risk of anything?" I asked her, snuggling under the covers.

"No, sir."

"Will he have trouble sleeping?"

"He took sleeping medications."

"Alright, Fri. He'll be okay. I'll ask him about it in the morning, I'm a bit tired," I told her. "Notify me if anything else happens."

"I will notify you if anything else happens."

I heard Friday shut herself down. I thought about what Peter said earlier. I wonder how long it's been since he's seen his father. I shook my head. Does he still think about his dad? Is that why he called me dad in his sleep? The thoughts helped me drift off into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter's POV:

It was Sunday morning, I knew I dreamt when I woke up. I knew because I was disappointed with reality. What had I dreamt of?

Kissing Wade.

I took a few deep breaths. It's okay, nobody has to know. 

I decided to work on my suit for the morning, attempting to distract myself from the truth I discovered the night before. Soon enough, I was finished.

I finished the suit.

"I just finished my superhero suit," I announced to myself.

A knock on my door scared me half to death. "Peter?" I heard Steve's voice outside. I quickly shoved my superhero suit under my bed and then opened the door.

"Hi Steve!" I said in a strained voice.

He raised an eyebrow, but didn't ask. "Hey Peter, lunch is ready. Oh, also Tony would like you to stop by Happy's office."

Oh boy.

"Okay, thank you Mr Rog-I mean Steve." I seriously have to stop putting mister in front of their names.

Minutes later I found myself in Happy's office. For some reason Happy wasn't there, instead Tony was in Happy's desk, and I was sitting across from him. "Your heart rate was high last night," Mr Stark began.

I groaned. "You really need to stop tracking my heart, it's weird!" I exclaimed, biting the inside of my cheek with frustration.

Tony narrowed his eyes. "You're a minor under my supervision, I have every right to track everything about you whenever you're in my hands," He pointed out to me. "Anyways, that's not why I brought you here."

I raised my eyebrows with curiosity.

"It has became clear to me that you have a spring break coming up. Is that correct?"

I nodded.

"Well, I have an offer for you. If you come and spend your whole break at Avengers Tower, I'll give you the all access pass. Meaning that you can access any floor without permission." My eyes widened, I opened my mouth to speak. "BUT! This comes with lots of trust Peter Parker. I am willing to place my trust in your grasp, you better not abuse it," Tony told me with narrowed eyes.

"I will not take advantage of the pass, Mr Stark," I assured him. "I can spend my break here."

"Great. You'll get the all access pass when that time comes," He informed me.

I sat in my seat, smiling at the ground, thinking of the break that would come in a couple weeks.

"You can leave now, Peter."

I looked up at him in surprise and then nodded quickly, leaving Happy's office.

I was way too excited to spend a week with The Avengers.