It Hurts [35]

Tony's POV:

Everyone saw how sad Peter looked when he left us on Sunday, so Wade, Steve and I all decided to show up to his apartment and surprise him. It was a Thursday night, so we intended to surprise him and then excuse him for school on Friday so we could take him back early.

"This is going to be an epic surprise," Wade stated as he watched me and Steve get ready to go. "Like... just imagine the look on his face. He's going to be so happy!"

I used my selective hearing skills to drown out Wade's rambling. That kid can be annoying sometimes. I sighed. "You ready, Cap?" I asked him.

"Yep!" Steve replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek and then turning towards Wade.

"Alright gamers! Let's get this bread!" The younger exclaimed, skipping towards the elevator.

I rolled my eyes and followed.

Peter's POV:

I stared at the broken glass on the ground. "Are you serious, mom? You couldn't even bother to pick it up?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Shut your mouth," She snapped, sitting on the couch with one of her new boyfriends. I think his name was Jeremy, but I wasn't too sure.

I groaned. "I'm serious, mom. You can't just leave broken glass on the ground. Anyone that comes in here could cut their feet open," I pointed out to her, picking up the pieces.

"Shut the fuck up," Jeremy growled. The guy was scary, he had a deep growl for a voice, and he was covered with tattoos. He was quite muscular as well, and from what I've noticed, pretty aggressive.

"Does your boyfriend always speak for you, mom?" I asked her, throwing the glass in the garbage.

"Peter, shut your fucking mouth or I will beat your ass," My mom threatened.

"Peter, shut your fucking mouth or I will beat your ass," I mocked in an annoying voice.

Jeremy suddenly stood up, slamming a glass bottle on the floor causing it to shatter and scatter. I narrowed my eyes with frustration, but jumped back anyways, running behind a table for cover.

Jeremy started running around one side of the table so I ran the other way, jumping over the couch and into the kitchen. Unfortunately my mom was standing in front of the door. I opened the window in the kitchen to jump out of but I felt someone grab my legs.

I screamed, feeling Jeremy's rough hands yank my ankles back, causing me to let go of the window and slam onto the floor. I tried standing up, but he had a tight hold on my ankles, so I reached down and punched him in the face.

My spider strength mustve really done some damage since he stumbled a bit, letting go of my ankle with one of his hands. I placed my free foot on the ground and grabbed the kitchen counter, trying to stand myself up while he still had a hand hold on my other ankle. I put both my hands on the counter and used my free foot to kick him in the stomach.

But he recovered fast enough to grab my free foot and yank once more, slamming my body onto the ground again, back facing up. "LET GO OF ME!" I shrieked at him, reaching for the trash can knowing there was broken glass inside. But while I reached, mom slammed the heel of her shoe onto my hand, causing me to yelp and draw my hand back.

Jeremy repositioned himself so only one of his hands were holding both of my ankles together, and the other hand grabbing my hair. He yanked my head upwards and then slammed it into the ground. I heard my nose break and I already felt blood rushing out of it. "Let go of me!" I gasped out, reaching my hands up to pull on his hand that was grabbing my hair.

My mom suddenly kicked me in the stomach. Jeremy let go of me and I pressed my hands where she kicked me, groaning of pain. "Mom, please!" I gasped out. But then she kicked me again. And again. And again.

I heard my ribs crack, I wheezed out. I coughed, but that only caused more pain in my chest, even when she wasn't kicking. Blood came out of my mouth. I'm going to die. I'm going to be bet to death by my own mother. I felt darkness start to creep into my vision, the image of blood on the floor slowly fading.

Suddenly, a loud, recognizable voice boomed from the entrance of the apartment.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY KID!"

I felt no more kicks to my stomach, so I just curled up and panted, spitting out blood that dripped from my nose down into my mouth. I felt someone place their hand behind my head and back, lifting me into a sitting position. I saw that it was Mr Stark.

"Friday, do an internal scan," He ordered. Tony brushed the blood filled hair out of my face. I wondered how blood got into my hair until I realized that my nose had bled so much that a pool of blood had formed on the floor.

"A broken nose and three broken ribs sir," Friday replied with her automated voice. "Would you like me to call an ambulance?"

"And the police, please," Tony added.

"Where's my mom?" I wheezed out, followed by a bunch of painful coughs and blood flying out of my mouth.

"Being held down by Steve and Wade," He informed me.

"It hurts so bad Mr Stark..." I groaned.

"Where does it hurt, bud?" He asked softly.

I placed my hand on my chest.

"Your ribs?"

I nodded.

"Okay." He adjusted my position so my back and head was leaning against his stomach and chest, then he grabbed a wet rag from the sink and placed it on my nose which was slowing down it's bleeding. "Does your nose hurt?"

I nodded, feeling dizzy. "I think I'm going to pass out, Mr Stark."

"No no no, don't you leave me," Tony ordered sternly, pressing the towel harder against my nose.

"That hurts," I told him with a voice crack, feeling sleepiness wash over me. "I think I'm going to sleep..." I muttered, letting my eyelids fall and my body go unconscious.