Weekend Room [10]

Peter's POV:

That night I stayed in the room that Happy had assigned me. Floor 12, room 120. It was very large, a giant room with a king sized bed with a dresser, desk, and even a closet. Everything was either white or grey, and everything was pretty open spaced. The room seemed empty.

Happy had told me that I could customize it in any way I'd like, including even painting walls or redoing the carpeting. He advised that I'd have Steve help me with it since he's pretty much obsessed with decorating houses and such.

I thanked him and then got ready for bed.

The bed was so soft, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I knew that this was going to be one of the best sleeps of my life. Turns out it was.

The next morning was a Sunday morning, and Tony's chefs had made breakfast, his robots delivered it to my room. 

Once I got out of bed Wade helped me bring my stuff from my apartment back to my room at Avengers Tower. Wade is 17 so he can legally drive without an adult in the vehicle. I'm still 15 so I can't do that yet. 

I decided to bring my super suit I was working on, but I didn't let Wade see it since it's still a secret. Luckily while we were moving my mom was out of the house. I was going to stay weekends at the Avengers Tower, but I had to stay home on week days since I still had school. 

After I spent my morning doing that, I spent the afternoon working with Banner and Stark in one of the science laboratories. They often let me put it input, which I liked. They seemed to like it too, having a new perspective on situations. I even made Tony laugh which I still think about.

That night The Avengers didn't eat dinner together. Tony brought me to Floor 78, his own personal floor, and showed me around there. Then we ate pizza together at the counter of a bar he had on his floor. 

We talked for a while and I made sure to not go into too much detail about my own personal life. Instead I steered the conversation into questions about school instead of questions about home. I subtly let him know that I'm in all advanced classes and still maintain a 4.0, as well as getting emails from colleges when I'm in my sophomore year.

After that I had to go home to get a good amount of sleep since it was a school night. I rode the Metro by myself since Wade headed home around noon. I didn't mind that he was gone, although I preferred when he was there. It was actually quite relaxing.

That night I took my anxiety medications for the first time in a long time. My mom was also passed out on the couch naked, so there were no disruptions from her. Ricky was asleep in my mom's bed, so there were no nasty comments from him either.

Sunday night's sleep was one of the better nights, including the fact that Ricky and my mom had a screaming plate shattering argument at 2AM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Throughout the school week I noticed that I lost a lot of interest in MJ. It was weird since I was seriously obsessed with her last week, but now I have the same feelings for her as I do for Ned. Just friendly loving, nothing more. It must be one of those quick crushes that lasts like a month and then disappears. I assured myself.

On Wednesday night Ricky sure did give me a beating. He was playing video games on the PlayStation when I accidentally tripped over the cord, unplugging the whole machine. I apologized a million times already before he even stood up from the couch, but he still hit me like no tomorrow.

The punishment was so bad that I missed school on Thursday, just sleeping in and treating myself. It was so painful whenever I walked since he had kicked me hard in the shin. The whole bottom half of my left leg was black and blue. My stomach and ribs were all bruised up as well. My lip was split, my nose was broken and I also had a black eye.

I just knew that I had to make up a very good story to tell Mr Stark on Friday.