Wade's Favors [5]

Peter's POV:

I opened my eyes, but something was different.

Pain. That's what it was.

A burn. I recognized that feeling.

I sat up in my bed, looking at the time. 8:14AM. I was already late. Shit. 

I looked at my arm to notice a burn on the back of my wrist. I remembered why I got that. I came home late last night, too late with my mom's cigarettes. She got pissed. Took a cigar and shoved it in my arm. Fucking hurts like a bitch.

I groaned as I sat up. Of course this is one of her lighter punishments, so I shouldn't really be complaining. I made sure to throw on a long sleeve shirt this morning, so I didn't have to make up a lie about the wound. I was too tired for that. 

I looked in the mirror. I looked a bit rough. My eyes had bags. That's right, last night Ricky had decided to throw a party. It kept me up all night. I'm surprised the cops weren't called since we live in an apartment. Or maybe they were? I don't know.

My hair was also messy, but that's kind of a look nowadays, so I had nothing to worry about. I looked really tired though, I hope Mr Stark doesn't mind. Maybe I should call Wade and see if he can bring me a coffee for the Metro.

I ended up doing that.

"Hello?"

"Heyy... It's Peter," I croaked.

"Oh. Peter. You sound rough."

"Yeah. Uh.. could you maybe bring coffee to the Metro this morning?"

"Yeah, sure. Anything for you dude."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"So uh, see you on the Metro?"

"Yeah. Guess so."

Silence.

"Okay."

More silence.

"Okay."

Even more silence.

It seemed as though both of us didn't want to hang up.

"Okay, bye Wade."

"Goodbye Peter."

I finally hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wade ended up bringing coffee onto the Metro for me.

"Woah, you look rough, bro," Wade said to me. His eyes were filled with concern. He felt my forehead with his hand. Although he has scars, he has very soft palms. "You don't have a high temperature though."

"I'm not sick," I assured him with a smile. "Thanks for the concern though." I took a sip of the coffee, then winced. "Oh, that's hot!" I exclaimed.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I should've told you." Wade took the coffee away from me. "You look like you could use a nap. You can take one on the Metro, you know. I can just wake you up when we get to the tower," He offered. "By then your coffee should be cold enough to drink, yet warm enough to enjoy."

I nodded. "Thanks Wade." I leaned my head against the window of the train, letting sleep wash over me almost instantly.

It felt like only two seconds when I felt a tap on my head.

I opened my eyes to find myself laying across the seat, using Wade's lap as a pillow. My face heated up with embarrassment as I sat up quickly. "S-Sorry~" I stuttered out.

Wade laughed. "It's okay, really. I just woke you up because our stop is soon. Also, here's your coffee. It seems to be just about the right temperature now," He told me, handing me the same coffee from earlier. I took a sip and it was, in fact, just the right temperature.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it. I needed the nap," I told him with a genuine smile. He gave a warm smile in return, and stood up.

"No problem, now let's get you to your internship."

We didn't talk as much as we did yesterday on the walk there. Wade sensed that I was too tired to have a normal conversation today, so he took it easy with the questions.

There were high winds outside this morning, making the air chilly. Despite me having a long sleeve shirt, he still let me wear his extra sweater he brought. I thought that was really nice of him.

We made it to the tower, received our badges from Paula and made our way inside the elevator. Like yesterday, I pressed 6 and Wade pressed 10.

"Here, you can have your sweater back," I told him with a sleepy voice, slowly unzipping the front.

"No no, you can keep it," Wade replied.

"You sure?" I asked as I zipped it back up. I guess I wanted to keep it anyways.

"Yeah."

The elevator dinged, signifying that it was my floor.

"Thanks Wade."

"No problem, Peter. Have a nice day."

"You too."

He ruffled my hair before I stepped out of the elevator. I turned and watched him smile and wave at me until the doors closed.

I sighed. I was lucky to have such a good friend.

As I walked to Happy's office, I mentally prepared myself to meet Tony Stark. I couldn't fangirl over him like I did to Steve, so now that I had a warning, I took deep breaths and prepared to shake hands with him.

630. That's the number of the office I walked into, and Happy was waiting for me with an upset face.

"Peter, you're very late today." His eyes narrowed when he got a good look at me. I sighed. This was not going to be a good first impression on Mr Stark. He might just fire me as soon as he sees me.

"I'm sorry." I meant it. Today has just not been a good day for me, that's for sure.

"Would it be better for you to spend the night here?" Happy asked. "That way you wouldn't be able to sleep in. We'd have Friday put in an alarm for you."

My eyes widened. Did he seriously just ask that? "You're serious?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you can just sleep here on the weekends. We can have Paula give your badge access to the fourteenth floor, where the high class quarters are. We had a worker move out yesterday, so we have an open room." I processed the words he was saying.

I'm going to be sleeping in the same place the Avengers are sleeping. What the fuck.

"Y-Yeah! Sounds good! Can I just... use your phone to call my mom? Let her know I'm staying the night and stuff..." I explained nervously, afraid one wrong move might make him change his mind.

"Sure, your phone doesn't work?" Happy questioned.

"No, it's just that she's more likely to answer if she sees it's not me." I realized how horrible it sounded. "I mean like... she sleeps and stuff so it could be her work calling her or something so she's more likely to wake up~"

"I get it, I get it. Just use the phone," Happy ordered.

"Thanks."

Author's note:

Come on, we all know Wade's just being nice so the readers will ship him and Peter. Don't we?

Bahaha, I'm just messing around. Thanks for reading this chapter! Make sure to comment what you think!