A New Friend [2]

Author's Note:

I JUST SPENT LIKE A SOLID HOUR READING OVER COMMENTS FROM ALL MY STORIES AND I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I LOVE YOU ALL AND APPRECIATE EACH INDIVIDUAL READER

i literally laughed so hard lmao

ALSO I READ EVERY SINGLE COMMENT ON THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY AND I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S LOVE AND SUPPORT, IT ACTUALLY MEANS A LOT

I love you all <3

Peter's POV:

I was sitting on the Metro, feeling tired from the run to the station. I looked out the window and saw the walls of the tunnel zooming past me. If anything it made me even dizzier.

The train was pretty full, since it was around rush hour. So it didn't surprise me when a kid similar in age plopped himself in the seat next to me. I looked over at him, only to notice a bunch of scars on his face.

I just stared in surprise.

Eventually the boy looked over at me and made eye contact, but instead of being offended, he had a glint of amusement in his eyes. "So are you going to ask about them, or..?" He pressed.

I smiled. "Where are the scars from?" I asked him, making sure that my tone of voice didn't sound hostile or mean. I was just curious, that's all.

"Cancer," The boy answered, smiling when I frowned. "Don't worry, it's gone now." He stared at me for a little longer. I wasn't sure why he kept staring at me.

"Oh," I replied, then looked out the window again. I could feel him still staring at me, but I didn't have the courage to meet his gaze again until I had a reason to.

"I'm Wade." I met his eyes when he spoke once more. He was holding his hand out, it was also filled with scars.

I shook his hand. "I'm Peter," I replied, holding his gaze for longer. I was feeling daring.

"Where are you heading?" Wade asked me.

I panicked. I wasn't sure if the internship was top secret. "UH~"

"I'm going to Avengers Tower," Wade told me before I could answer.

I beamed. "Hey, me too!"

"You're kidding!"

"I'm not!"

"What are the chances?!"

"This is crazy!"

After the exchange in sentences, we both calmed down and stared at each other with grins. "So, what's your reason?" I asked him, genuinely wondering.

"I have personal training with Natasha," Wade told me in a bragging tone. My eyes widened as I processed his words.

"You mean like.. Black Widow?!" I exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah!!"

"Wait... so you're saying... that the actual Avengers are at the tower?" I questioned Wade. I always had this perspective on the tower like the Avengers met there occasionally in case of world destruction, but it was rare.

"Yeah...? The Avengers practically live there, y'know..." Wade informed me. Then he quickly covered his mouth. "Oh sh*t! Is that not public information? Don't tell anyone..."

"Nobody would believe me even if I did tell!" I pointed out. "Oh my God... so you're saying that I'm going to be in the same building as the Avengers?"

"What? Yeah but... you aren't meeting one of them already?" Wade asked with confusion.

"No, I just got the Stark Internship... I'm only meeting with Tony Stark's assistant," I told him with a sigh of disappointment. I was a little jealous. Wade got to meet with a full on Avenger, while I was stuck with one's assistant.