Black Market [24]

Peter's POV:

I waited until we walked at least a block away before I mentioned anything.

"What the hell was that?!" I exclaimed. "It was going so well until you rushed us out the door like he is a serial killer!"

Wade bit his lip, looking around like he didn't want to tell me something.

I sighed. "What don't you want to tell me and why? Is there actually something wrong with Elijah or are you just jealous?" I questioned him.

Wade looked surprised. "Jealous?" His head turned towards me, giving a look that said should I be jealous? 

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, just tell me what it is! I swear I don't judge!" I declared, crossing my arms. I was too curious of a kid to let this one slide, Wade should know this by now.

He stopped in his tracks. "Fine, you really want to know?" The look he gave me made me unsure if I wanted to know or not. Wade made it seem like I might hate him after he told me, so I was a bit hesitant.

"Well... yeah," I replied, rubbing my chest nervously.

Wade looked around. "Follow me." He grabbed my hand, practically dragging me into an alleyway where there were no people walking. 

I was too distracted by the fact that his hand was touching mine to notice how weird his actions were.

Wade leaned against the wall for a second, just staring at the ground. I waited patiently, afraid that if I pushed him for answers it'll take him longer to answer. Finally, he turned to me. "Peter Parker, I am your worst enemy."

I raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" I asked him.

He began to pick at his fingernail. "You are Spider-Man." Wade looked up at me to see my reaction.

My eyes widened. "Shit, you found my suit, didn't you?" I asked him.

Wade nodded. "Not to mention the fact that you are the only teenager I know that likes spiders," He added.

I ran my fingers through my hair and swallowed. "Okay so, how are you my worst enemy?" I asked him.

He sighed. "Please don't hate me for this..." I heard him murmur under his breath. "I'm an assassin. A pay-to-kill kid. Some guy points to another guy, I kill him, I get ten grand." Wade paused in his explanation, looking up at me to see my reaction.

I stared at him, horrified. "You... you kill for money..?" I took a step backwards, away from him.

Wade nodded. "It's normally just a one time, get it done kind of deal, but I actually have to get involved with tons of businesses on the black market. Elijah's tattoo... it's from one of those businesses. I knew there was something off when I realized he stole cars!" He paced around the room.

"Well, selling cars isn't as bad as killing people!" I pointed out to him.

Wade turned around, suddenly he looked angry. He grabbed my shirt by the collar and shoved me against the wall. Not hard enough to hurt me, just hard enough to knock the air out of me. "Peter Parker, do you know what happens with big illegal businesses? They kill anyone that knows anything about them. Right now, you and I know a lot. So in your head, you can go skip off to sunshine and rainbows but this is real life. We need to stay the hell away from Elijah before we accidentally say something we'll regret." He let me go, leaving me to feel my collar bones.

I brushed off my knees, faced the wall for a little bit to surpress my anger for the way he talked to me. I bit the inside of my cheek, closed my eyes. Suddenly they opened and I slammed my hand on the wall of the alleyway, causing a loud echo. I spun around, facing him with tons of anger. "Don't you dare talk to me like I think the world is all sunshine and rainbows! I've faced my fair share of the dark sides! Elijah is the only person who has offered me a chance of a different life, so I don't know if  should be listening to someone who kills people for fun!"

I took my Spider-Man mask out of my pocket, and slammed my forearms together so my web shooters generated. "It's not for fun," Wade told me as I webbed a nearby building.

"It's for money, you use money for fun," I replied, using the web to launch myself away from him and his lies.