II - "What the hell!"

I took a small nap before it was time to go to ease my body. When it was time to go I placed a hoodie over my body and left Liam a note saying that dinner was on the stove. As I made my way out of the front door I saw that Liam's car was nowhere in sight, huh, wonder where he is.

I dragged myself into the garage and threw my bag onto the passengers seat. I took a deep breath and organized my thoughts...

Breathe

You can do this

You're not number one for nothing

I drove out of the driveway and followed the address that I was given. On my way there I could only think about why that guy was looking at me during lunch, what was so interesting about me that he was looking at me that way? Was there something on my hoodie? Was I doing something wrong? Ugh it's not my problem I shouldn't worry about it-

"We have arrived at your destination," I jumped a little at the voice that was directing me to a dark warehouse. Yeahhh... not suspicious at alllll....

I grabbed my duffel and turned off my engine as I examined the warehouse. It looked empty, like nobody was even here-

A knock on my window made me jump and I immediately scowled at the person who scared me. I opened my car door to a man who looked twice my size in a black Armani suit. He looked down at me and led me to a brown metal door. It was only then did I realize many expensive cars lined the street of the warehouse. I immediately lit up at the thought of how high these bets were going to go and how much I'd be taking home. I was so deep into thought that I failed to notice the familiar BMW Z4 that was lined up on the side of the street, but I'll find out later on...

We walked through the door and descended down the dark stairs that led to an illegal underground fight club. I watched in awe at the two men who were on the verge of killing each other until the big man cleared his throat. He nodded his head to the right and directed me inside of the office.

Five unfamiliar men were surrounding the big mahogany desk which William sat behind. Once his eyes landed on me his face lit up and a big toothy grin was plastered on his face. He rounded the desk and made his way to me, "Gold! How are you honey?" Yeah, that's my fighting name. I can't have people knowing my identity to prevent getting in trouble with police so William provided me with a mask and a fighting name.

"I'm good William, how are you?" William was a respectful man. He actually treats me like a daughter believe it or not. I mean I am his best fighter, and all I've asked from him is his respect or else I won't give him any of mine, which means I have to talk to him.

"I'm alright, but you have a fight in 20 minutes so Paul here will show you to the locker room and let you get ready. Don't disappoint!" He encouraged.

"When have I ever?!" I yelled over my shoulder as I made my way to the locker rooms. Once inside I took my hoodie off and and put my hair into two French braids. I started doing my normal warm up routine as I started getting ready.

Be ruthless

Be tough

Show him you're more than silent

Show him you're dangerous

A knock on the locker room door let me know it was my turn to fight, so I took a drink from my water bottle, put on my mask, and made my way out the door. I walked to the ring where many people were chanting loudly and growing impatient for another fight. A balcony circled the walls where more elegant men were standing; men involved with gangs.

I was never one to join a gang but I was just one of the fighters. William did teach me how to use a gun though just in case anything goes wrong. The men were drinking from champagne glasses but I could hardly make out any faces since the lighting was so dim. Oh and how I wish I had...