XXXXXXI - "Rolling Your Eyes"

I walked out of the base and wandered the woods to look for Kai since I knew he wouldn't go that far. After awhile I had finally found him sitting at the edge of a creek, looking deep in thought.

I slowly approached him and put on my best fake smile, "Penny for your thoughts?" I asked as I sat down a foot away from him.

He needed to process things, I understood that. I also understood that he may need some time and space right now but I also wanted him to understand. I needed him to understand because I wouldn't know what to do if the person who showed me love would push me away. I needed my boyfriend right now and I wanted to fix this situation we had at hand because I missed him too goddamn much to have him pissed at me.

It grew silent for a second before I spoke up, "Kai I'm sor-'

"Sorry isn't gonna-"

"I get it, sorry isn't going to cut it, but I need to explain myself with or without your opinion," I fired back.

He didn't say anything but looked out at the water so I continued, "I wanted to tell you guys, trust me, I did. But my father needed to think that everything was real and he's well with detecting lies, so even if you did your best acting, he would've known."

I chuckled humorlessly at a thought, "You know why he calls me Sapphire? Why he calls me my middle name instead of Diamonds?" I asked rhetorically as a tear slid down my cheek.

I didn't want to cry while explaining this to him because I needed to be strong right now, but I guess my emotions are against me today.

I saw him from the corner of my eye look at me with curiosity so I continued, "Diamonds are the strongest matters in the world, and my father didn't think I was strong enough to be called that. So instead, he called me Sapphire and has been calling me that ever since," I explained as silent tears fell down my cheeks.

Kai lifted his hand to wipe them away but I still didn't look at him because I was afraid I might break down in front of him. "When Jewels and I were younger my father taught us respect by hitting our mom. He said that it's how you teach others to respect you, to show others that you're strong. But since he thought I wasn't strong, he told me to teach others with respect by using my voice. I didn't understand him at first but when Jewels started hurting me the way he did, I grew an understanding to his words. Ever since then, I would only talk if people gave me their respect, and I never changed that."

"My father never changed Kai, he was still greedy for power and wanted people to respect him for the way he would hurt others. He showed others not to mess with him by taking advantage of his strengths, all muscle, no brains," I scoffed.

Tears started to blur my vision and I felt my lip tremble as I tried to hold back a sob, but I just couldn't, "I killed my father Kai. I killed a man who wasn't hesitant of killing his own daughter because I was more powerful than him. He was envious of the amount of respect I got and he was angry that I was happy. He hurt you guys to hurt me and I did everybody a favor by killing him," I explained.

I turned to Kai who was looking at me as if hurt by my words, "I killed my father because he killed my mother Kai," I stated.

His eyes widened in shock and his mouth hung open, "And to top it all off, Liam lost his dad too," I said shakily.

He looked back at the creek deep in thought and I continued, "I killed everybody Kai. I killed Jewels, I killed Jared, I killed my father, I killed my mommy," I sobbed.

My breathing became uneven and I couldn't control the emotions that rushed through my body. I had killed my family, I killed everybody. They all died because of me and I blamed myself for everything because it was true, I killed everybody. I just hoped they were happier wherever they were, I just hoped that they had big smiles on their faces and were a family up there.