XXXXXIX - "Gang Together"

Joe

I sat in my office rethinking Diamonds' death, and how sudden it was. She left something in all of us that went with her when she died, which leaves only a hole in our hearts.

Alex had left a couple of hours ago for a meeting but he hasn't come back yet, but it's not like I care, I wish he'd just die already.

And I guess today is my lucky day.

My phone rang suddenly and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked boredly.

"Joe?" She squeeked.

I sat up in my chair and my eyes widened in shock. It couldn't be..

"Diamonds?" I asked hopefully.

"Joe I need you to come get me," she whispered into the phone.

"Of course! Of course! Where are you honey?" I asked worriedly as I raced down to Richard's office.

I burst through the door without knocking and his head shot up once I walked in.

"What dude?" He asked harshly.

I put the phone on speaker just when she started speaking, "I- I don't know but I know how you can find me," she sounded like she was exhausted, and that only made me worry more.

Richard jumped up from his seat and raced towards the phone, "Diamonds?"

There was silence on the other line until we heard her sigh, "Richard, you big lug, help me please," she begged.

"Of course sweetie! Where are you?" He panicked.

"I don't know but I need you to go to Joe's computer and turn it on," she instructed. We both raced down to my office and I almost jumped over my desk to get to my computer, but I was smart enough not to. I turned it on and waited for the home screen to pop up, and when it did, my heart was already racing a million miles per minute.

"Okay honey, what now?" I asked eagerly.

"I'm going to turn on Soldier's tracker and it's going to send my current location to your computer."

Five seconds later a map popped up on my computer with a red dot in the middle, "You're in the middle of the woods?" I asked confusedly.

"Please don't question it and direct me to the nearest road so you could get me dude," she whispered harshly.

I put the gps on my phone so we could get her quicker. And I'm so glad that Alex isn't here right now or else we wouldn't be able to save her.

We slipped into the car and Richard sped out of the garage at the speed of light. I found a road near her and directed her to it, "Okay Diamonds, take a right and keep going straight, in about ten minutes or more you should be at a road," I instructed.

I heard shuffling around and leaves and twigs breaking under two pairs of feet, and I knew her and Soldier were running.

Richard parked the car at an entrance of the woods and we got out immediately, searching for the unstoppable duo.

"Where the fuck is she?" Richard asked worriedly.

We heard running in the distance and we searched for the cause of the sound. When we turned our heads to investigate the running stopped, and we were met with silence.

"Who's there?" I yelled. All of a sudden the running resumed and we pointed our guns towards the woods as it started getting faster.

We heard a loud bark and we slowly lowered our guns at the sight of Soldier running towards us. He jumped onto Richard and licked his face uncontrollably and Richard laughed.