XXXIV - "Burden"

I wasn't going to look back.

I can't go back to Kai or any members of the Deck of Cards unless it was a true emergency. I couldn't go back to so much pain and I didn't want to either, I was going to start focussing on more important things like getting my gang to the top. I was going to lead them to victory and show them that I am the one who can save them all. I turned the Shattered Jewels into something bigger, and better, and so many more things that the other gangs grew envious of. We were moving fast, and I guess gangs are scared of our speed.

I'm even surprised I passed my Winter Exams with all of this gang shit going on. I'm even more surprised with how I could even make it to school on time without any problems in the mornings. Though there were times I had to leave class so I could talk to Richard or Joe, but the teachers didn't mind.

The three boys have been calling me all morning, it almost grew annoying but I knew what they needed; an explanation. I wasn't going to give them one either, because I'm not going back.

I step out of the elevator and race Soldier to the penthouse door, but of course he wins. I walk in to be met with the sweet smell of pancakes and I follow the aroma to the dining room.

I walk in to see Joe and Richard stuffing their faces with the deliciousness and I sit at the head of the table ready to dig in as well. I pass Soldier a pancake and he catches it with his mouth and starts chewing on it quickly.

"You guys ready for tonight?" I asked as I munched on my bacon.

"Yeah, we're ready. What are we gonna do all day though?" Richard asks as he sips on his coffee.

"You guys wanna explore the city a little bit? We can show Diamonds the legal businesses we own now here," Joe suggested.

"Yeah, show me. I wanna see how they're doing," I said eagerly.

"Alright alright, we'll leave as soon as we're ready, good?" Richard chuckled.

"Yeah, good."

I know what you're thinking, 'How are you a gang leader but don't know any of your businesses?' See, that's where you're wrong. I do know my businesses, I just don't know where they're specifically located. I've never been out of my home state since I started leading, so I don't know the specific addresses and such. I just know the city and the state, and all of our discussions are always through the phone.

After I'm done with breakfast Soldier and I rush upstairs so I could get ready. I run into my bathroom and take a quick shower and soak in it before I start washing myself.

I blow dried my hair once I got out and slipped on my outfit for today and arranged it so it looked more presentable. I mean even though I'm the owner of these businesses it doesn't mean that I have to show up in a pencil skirt or pantsuit, I'd be damned if I ever had to do that. Before I headed back downstairs I put on some chapstick and placed everything I needed in my bag.