XXXI - "New York"

It's been a couple of days since Liam and Blake have been discharged from the hospital, and the Gang Ball is only two days away, so we've decided to pack and get to New York early so we could have a little extra fun.

Joe and Richard are going to fly to New York in the private jet that I just found out we owned. But they'll be arriving by tomorrow night, so I'll probably be on the phone with them a lot until we can actually meet. Business, as always, is improving. They've even told me the new base would surprisingly be finished in about 2-3 weeks so that's my motivation right now to keep moving. We've been gathering new recruits as well, some even from the highschool which I felt uneasy about. I mean, maybe when I finally tell Kai that I'm the Shattered Jewels' leader, I can make my identity known. But I'm still kind of weary about it since other gangs might try and come after me when I'm alone, and I don't really like having body guards around me that much. Only Soldier.

So for now I think that I'll keep my identity a secret, but I'll have to tell Kai eventually. Hopefully he won't freak out and declare war on me or something. We've moved up on the ranks pretty quickly, making us the third strongest gang in the world. The second being the Royal Aces.

I looked around my room to check if everything had been arranged and packed. I only brought one suitcase since we'll be there for a couple of days and a duffel bag that holds some weapons along with some files that I actually might look over while I'm there. The restaurants have been doing good since it's almost Christmas as well as the hotels.

I had asked Joe and Richard where they were staying and I found out that my brother actually had bought a penthouse in New York. So I gave them permission to stay there instead of staying in a lousy hotel room. Apparently my brother had bought some fancy piece of shelter everywhere he travelled just in case he returned, and it could really come in handy sometime.

"Diamonds, ready to go?" I heard Blake call from down the hallway.

"Yep, on my way down now!" I yelled back.

I grabbed the suitcase and duffel bag, as well as my go-to bag, but it only held my electronic devices in them. I was not going to bring any trace of evidence that could prove I'm Silver with me on this trip.

I stumbled down the stairs with my suitcase in hand while Soldier held my duffel bag in his mouth. I still swear he's not a dog but it's okay, he's a good listener and quite intimidating to others as well. Which makes us the perfect pair.

"Took you long enough," Liam grumbled as he walked over to grab my bags for me.

"What can I say? Beauty takes time," I say doing silly poses.

"We can't wait 500 years for you to get ready Diamonds," Liam deadpanned.
I scoffed and playfully hit his shoulder while he laughed.

"C'mon, the jet isn't gonna wait all day," Kai said. I jumped into his arms and he carried me out to the driveway.

Kai carried me out to a dark SUV and he opened the back door and set me inside. Soldier hopped in after me and jumped on to the leather seat and placed his head on my lap. They all got in after me and the driver started the engine and moved out of the premises.

"Is my poor baby tired?" I cooed at Soldier.

"Yes," Blake groaned. I giggled as Kai smacked his chest and he winced playfully.

"But I am pretty tired, I think a kiss would wake me up," Kai suggested playfully.

"Great, Blake do your best," I joked. Blake and Kai looked at each other disgustingly and shook their heads.

My IPhone's default ring filled the air and I pulled out my everyday phone to see a text from Liam. I sneaked a look of confusion to him but he just gave me a look that told me to look at the message.