XXV - "Take Over"

After dinner with the Royal Aces, they had assured us of keeping in touch if my suspicions start to rise. They had thanked me for the warning and it had all seemed so surreal with how much talking I did. I haven't talked with so many people, with so many words, in a long, long time. I felt like a child who had just started school for the first time, still getting used to things and figuring out how to act normal. It all kind of felt new to me, which I really needed to work on.

My thoughts had suddenly evaporated at the words Kai had told me during dinner, "We're gonna have a little talk later..."

What could he possibly want from me? What did he want to know? Did he know I was lying about my knowledge of the base? I suddenly felt nervous about the many things Kai might want to discuss about. I felt like a child who had just been caught sneaking out in the middle of the night, but this one felt much worse.

I slowly pulled into the driveway and looked up at the house. Kai was waiting in the open doorway for me to enter with a blank but cold expression. I gulped at how intimidating he looked but got out of my car slowly.

I kept my head down, trying to avoid his stare and instead rounded the car for Soldier. He hopped out of the passengers seat and I unclipped his leash from his collar, letting him follow behind me as we walked up the stairs.

I stood in front of Kai with my head down, anxiety running through my body. I watched his feet as he had stepped to the side to let me in and I quickly rushed into the mansion. I sped walked through the foyer and through the kitchen to the back door to let Soldier out. I was planning to wait on the porch until I felt an arm grip on to my wrist.

I slowly turned around but kept my head down to avoid eye contact with him. I stood frozen in my spot and shuffled my feet on the marble floor underneath me, admiring my heels a little.

I watched as his hands reached for my waist and carry me up to the kitchen island as if I was weightless. Once he sat me down he placed each hand on either side of me, preventing me from any escape. From the corner of my eye I saw him tilt his head to the side and sigh as his eyes trailed down my body. I hung my head lower and started playing with my fingers, growing impatient of what he has to say.

"You look beautiful tonight princess," he said lowly. Oh, now I know he's gonna kill me. He's gonna try and butter me up so he could kill me when I least expect it and then he's gonna probably feed me to Soldier for dinner and- oh my God, do you think Soldier would actually eat me?

"No 'thank you'?" He taunted.

"Thank you," I said softly. I bit my lip and started drawing random patterns on my thigh to pass the time.

"Do you have something to say to me?" He asked innocently but with a hint of suspicion.

Why do I actually feel like a child being scolded by their parent? But anyways, I don't have to tell them anything about what I know. It's my choice to tell them or not and I don't like lying but I need to find out first about what my brother was doing creating a fucking gang. And the safest way to do that is to go there without anybody recognizing Kai. If they had seen me with him then they would grow suspicious of me and not share any of their information, he'd totally blow everything out of proportion.

I shake my head immediately and glance up to his eyes for a second to see him still staring at me.

"What's my only rule in this house princess?" He asked as he started tilting my head up to look at him. I bite my lip in nervousness and whispered quietly, "No lying."

"That's right princess," he wrapped his hand around my neck and put a small amount of pressure against it, "So why are you lying to me right now?" He spat.