XXII - "Angel"

Kai

She looked so torn, so heartbroken with her tears flowing out of her eyes. It was my first time seeing her cry and I hoped that it'd be the last, I'd never want to see her go through that again. She's like an angel who's wings were taken away from her, so now she roams the earth and does good deeds just to gain her wings back.

She's so kind and soft hearted, but I can tell her mind has more control over her heart. I mean, she decides not to talk to anybody as much as her heart wants her to fight back with words, but her mind knows better so she ignores her heart. She never fights with emotion but instead with skill, or else she might end up killing her opponent. She relies on her mind to get everything done with, or she believes that her heart would hold her back from moving forward.

She's so beautiful, so gorgeous, I've seen the way other guys have looked at her in the hallways and it just makes me pissed. She's my princess and no one else's, but I have to figure out if she knows that at all. I want to get closer to her, spend more time with her and get to know her better. She's not an open book and her walls have been tearing down crumb by crumb to us and it's okay, she needs time to open up and that's exactly what we'll give her. She's one of us now and I hope she understands that because I don't know how else to show her that she is. I mean we let her into our small friend group and we never let anyone in, we tell her about our gang and trust her with our gang business, I let her stay in my house and let her keep the dog she bought without my say, I mean what else do I have to do to show her she's one of us?

"You guys ready to go?" Speaking of the devil, she hops down the stairs with a small smile on her lips as she grabs a Gatorade from the refrigerator in black adidas leggings and a grey Adidas sports bra with her hair tied up in a ponytail.

"Yep," We all reply as we snatch our keys from the countertop. We wait as Diamonds latches the leash onto Soldier's collar and place the handles of her small duffel bag in his mouth. She starts walking towards us but our eyes are on the dog that's holding her bag with his mouth.

"What?" She asked looking between our confused expressions.

"What the fuck," Liam breathes as he walks out the door and towards Mercy. Soldier hops into her car and let's the duffel bag drop on the floor beneath him as she rounds the red Ferrari. We all look between each other again in confusion and shock before we shrug our shoulders and start driving towards the underground fight club.

She really loves that dog, I wonder if she could love someone just as much as she loves that dog, oh how that person would be the luckiest in the world. Wait, no. Not 'person' because Diamonds doesn't need to love another person when she can love me. It may sound cocky and a little overprotective but this is how much affect she has on me, and it's absolute torture. She cares so much and deserves the world, maybe even the whole Galaxy. It's amazing how this girl can have so much power over me, it's almost unfair because I don't even have that much power over myself. Man, this girl is more than an angel, she is heaven.

I park near Blake and Liam, who was also followed by Diamonds. She rushes ahead inside with her duffel bag in one hand and Soldier's leash in the other, seeing as though her fight starts in fifteen minutes. Liam, Blake, and I make our way in and start climbing the metal stairs onto the balcony that overlooks the arena. We sit in our usual spot and gratefully take the champagne glasses that waiters were handing out on trays, and watch the people who crowd around the arena.

After at least two fights, I watch Diamonds walk out from a hallway with Soldier's leash in hand and a guard walking beside her. She stops along a wall and starts giving instructions to Soldier as if he actually understood what she was saying. She then handed the leash to the guard who gave her a curt nod before she walked up to the arena as the announcer called her opponent.