EPILOGUE

Diamonds

Out of all of the places I could be, I had to be here.

Out of all the decisions I had to make, I had to pick this one.

Out of all the people I didn't want to see getting buried six feet under, it had to be them.

Flashes of smiles and laughter filled my mind as I remembered the times when Jewels, mommy, and I would spend time with each other around the house. She would always try her best to make us feel happy and I admired my mom for that. Not once did I think my mom would cry alone in her bedroom for being alone, for feeling unloved by no man.

Seeing that smile on her face when she would be with Jared, it made my heart happy. I was never ungrateful, unthankful, spoilt, or rude towards my mother, hell, I tried my hardest being the best daughter for her even when I was buried under my hoodies. And I knew I wasn't the best but I knew I was doing a hell of a good job if my mom was as happy as I was when we were together.

And when Jared came into the picture, boy was I happy. My mother looked full of so much joy and utterly in love with him, just as he was her. They acted like they were still teenagers around each other and it would be the most heart warming thing when I'd catch them cuddling together on the couch, but I never told them. The way they would absentmindedly hold hands with each other whenever we were out in public and how they would mess around like nobody was watching. It was love, they shared it and I absolutely thought that I didn't deserve it but a special someone had convinced me other wise.

Kai, man Kai is the best fucking thing in the world to me right now, other than Soldier. We look out for each other when we don't really need to because we know we can look out for ourselves, but we love each other, so much more than I thought I could ever love. He shows me more of it everyday, and it just adds to the list of reasons why I continuously fall for him every second we're together. He's someone I want to be with for the rest of my life and if it were anyone else, I think I'd actually die.

During these past few months, the people that I had called family once had died because of me. One in particular was shot in front of me, and another I killed myself. I thought it would be the last thing anybody would've thought to come out of my mouth if I told them, "I killed my father with a machete." Well, if you told me five years ago that I would kill my father who was envious of my power in the most unexpected way, I would've laughed in your face. But you don't see me laughing, do you?

But today, instead of laughing, instead of crying, I sat in the front of the many rows of chairs between Liam, and Kai; each holding my hand. The white roses that were placed on top of the beautifully light brown wooden polished coffins stood out from the crowd of people that were wearing black on this dreadful day. The sky was a perfect blue with a couple of clouds here and there, along with a soft breeze that made the tassels of my hair fly into my face a couple of times but I didn't mind it, I couldn't mind it when there were already so many other things clouding my mind.

The priest was saying a couple of prayers about the lovely couple until he finally stopped and called Liam up to say some things. I watched as Liam sucked in a breath of confidence before he stood up and walked to the podium, feeling nervous of the crowd of people, and cautious that he might cry.

He gripped onto the sides of the podium before he slowly started talking, "You know, ever since my life had changed; my reputation, my lack of friends, my lack of love, the only thing that didn't change was the silent bond I had with my father. He never occasionally said it when it was just us two, but I always knew that he loved me and he always showed it with his actions. When my mother and him divorced, he would always try his hardest to be the best single parent there was out there. Always supporting me in my choices, always understanding, I mean, he even accepted the fact that I was involved with some people."