XXXXXVIII - "Diamonds"

Kai

It's been too long. It's felt like forever, but what really is a month.

One month, three days, six hours, four minutes.

Diamonds is gone.

Gone is the beautiful princess who loved me as much as I loved her.

Gone is the warm smile that she flashed whenever she did a good deed.

Gone is the caring, loving, soft hearted girl that attracted many with her beauty and kindness.

Gone is my girlfriend, the woman I had even thought about marrying in the future, the woman who I adored, and the woman who brought color into my life when no one else could.

As well as her dog, Soldier. He had run off after he watched his owner die, but all of us were frozen in our spot. Alex had merged the Sons of Night and Illium, which makes them the biggest gang in the world right now.

The Royal Aces have been pretending like nothing happened and instead, buried themselves in the gang.

Liam, Blake, and I have been distracting each other with irrelevant things, things that I can't even explain right now.

Williams, well Williams is still working, but dreading the fact that his only type of family is gone. And gone for good.

Joe and Richard are still with Alex since they pledged their lives to Illium. I don't know how they do it, I would've killed myself right there and then if I found out I had to work for that fucker. It's terrible, and I understand why they're doing it, but it's just a constant reminder that she's gone, and I couldn't live with that.

I haven't been able to sleep or eat properly since she passed. But I've been burying myself in work because I knew if Diamonds could, she would drag me by the ear to my office and stand over my shoulder until I focused on my gang. And hell, what I would do to feel her touch again.

The pain she left in my heart, the pain she left in all of our chests, it's unbearable. Everything seems to not have any purpose anymore now that she's gone, she was our inspiration, our motivation to keep moving but here she is, dead.

Nobody held a funeral for her, and I don't know why but we just didn't. Jared and Karen moved back to their house but I'm sure their suffering from the fact that Diamonds died just for them, for all of us.

She was the one that put others before her, she was the one who made sure everybody was happy before her own happiness. She was the woman who never knew about love, but seemed to be giving it out to others by her good deeds. And she might say that she only cares, but you don't just give some one a car because you care, do you?

I felt a warm tear slip from my eye and trail down my cheek as I stared at my ceiling, and I let it fall. All that's been on my mind is Diamonds, Diamonds, and Diamonds. She's the only thing that kept my heart thumping but now I feel like it's not even there at all.

I can't feel her kisses, her hugs, I can't hold her in my arms anymore. And my chest aches at the reminder that I can't see her beautiful hazel eyes stare up at my ocean ones. Those beautiful lips, those lips that I devoured every chance I got. Those lips that changed my life as soon as she touched them, the lips that felt so right against mine, now gone.

She's gone, all of her, and her dog too. And what I would fucking do just to see that dog again, because if you saw that dog, you saw her. Always following her everywhere, even where no animals were allowed. She cared for that dog as much as it cared for her and it was a bond you couldn't break. And I feel like if I have that dog, I also have her.