⚫Chapter 52⚫

I returned to Regnum Ignis feeling anxious. I couldn't believe that I found it. I kept it in my pocket not knowing where else to put it. I had a big secret that I was hiding, and I wasn't planning on telling anyone about it.

As I walked away from the portal and towards the castle, I suddenly realized something. I could literally just go back to Regnum Aqua right now. No one would know. No one would even notice.

Roman usually had Nailah following me when I searched, but for some reason, she was nowhere to be seen. So, I slowly tiptoed back to the portal and selected the water icon. I should've done this sooner. How dumb was I?

I stepped inside the portal with relief knowing that I was getting far away from Roman and Nailah.

As soon I entered Regnum Aqua, I decided to make a run for it. All of a sudden, someone pushed me hard causing me to fall.

I got up from the ground to see Nailah standing in front of me with a curious-looking face.

"I just knew you were that stupid," she exclaimed.

I couldn't believe Nailah knew I was going to try and escape. It made me look and feel pathetic.

I opened my mouth to scream but Nailah immediately covered it and wrapped her arms around me in a tight grip. "You can't escape Roman. Stop trying," she laughed.

I knew that I could in fact get away from her and run very far, but I didn't want to risk it. I didn't want to risk Elias' life.

As she dragged me back to the portal my eyes began to water. She was right. There was no way I could get away from him. There was no point in fighting.

-

"Have you found it?" he asked me.

"No, she hasn't. She was also trying to escape. I caught her just in time," Nailah answered for me.

"Really?" he asked as he walked towards me.

Out of nowhere, one of the werewolves guarding Roman started sniffing the air. Oh crap. He knew I had it.

"What is it?" he asked the wolf.

The wolf continued sniffing as it suddenly started to approach me. With fear, I closed my eyes not understanding how unlucky I was.

I suddenly felt his nose tickle me through my front pocket. I opened my eyes and watched as Roman's eyes widened in surprise. Without saying a word, he reached into my pocket and pulled out the bracelet.

"I knew I could count on you," he told me as his eyes stayed fixated on the piece of jewelry. "Roman! Please don't put it on! I am begging you, please! You don't have to do this! This isn't the way!"

"Take her away. Put her in the dungeon."

"No! No!" I yelled. The two men suddenly grabbed me by the arms and began to drag me away. I bit into one of their arms causing the man to groan in pain. I then kicked the other one in the crotch and ran out of the throne room with my hands tied. "You can't escape me Leilani!" Roman yelled after me. I continued running in fear trying to exit the castle. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to run very fast. It was almost as if they had taken my strength away. I suddenly felt pain shoot through my head as my vision began to fade away.

-

"Ok, I am not waiting any longer! We need to go after her Times New Roma!" Elias yelled at Sebastián.

"Elias is right. We need to go get her," Mateo added. "She could be in serious danger."

All of a sudden, a blue forcefield echoed throughout the sky causing everyone to fall onto the ground.