Chapter 5: The Unexpected Phone Call

Falisa hurriesd out of her cubicle and closed the door behind her. Falisa picked up the call.

"Hello, Falisa?"

"What do you want, Vicky? Are you not done torturing Farra. Why haven't you gotten enough of her? All she did was to believe and trust in you, while you completely betrayed her. What is your problem now?"

"Falisa, I have no time to hear you shouting. I want Jo, because I love her, and I will get her, by hook or by crook."

"Over my dead body, Vicky! You exploited her love and her trust. What else do you want to exploit of her?"

"Listen, I just want to meet her, and talk to her. She changed her phone number, I have no way to reach her. I searched through all the places she may have gone, and she is nowhere to be found."

"That is because she is with me, dumb Vicky," Falisa's heart replied.

"No, I don't know where is she."

"Interesting, how you blurted out that you do not know where she is even before I asked. How interesting. Stop lying, Falisa. Of course you know where she is. You are her best friend. I thought you are fasting, and are prohibited from lying. What happened to your 'God consciousness', Falisa?"

"....."

"There you go, your silence gave you away. Now tell me where she is. I just need to meet her once."

"Meet her once and destroy her for life? I will not let that happen!" Falisa's heart snapped back.

"Okay, how much money do you want to reveal her hiding place to me?"

"Wow, do I seriously look like someone who would sell off my best friend for money?"

"No you don't, but you obviously care for your sick little brother. Little brother suffers from leukaemia at such a young age, huh? How are you going to treat your only brother, Falisa? You reveal Jo's hideout to me, and I give you the money you need Private hospitals are not free, and public hospitals are of no quality Falisa...."

Falisa kept mum, unable to speak a word.

"It's time, Falisa. How much do you want? Just spell out the figure. RM 10000, RM 20000?"

Falisa's voice changed.

"RM 50000. I want RM 50000 for me to reveal about Farra."

"That's my girl! That was pretty easy with you. I waved some money in front of your eyes, and you are running after it like a hungry street dog. Now you are being sane. So tell me the place, right now."

"No!"

"What?"

"I mean, not that fast. You bank in the money, and I send you the location."

"And that is my girl. Good, Falisa. I did not expect you to give in this fast. But that is okay. I will call you again once I bank in the money."

"Right."

Falisa cut the call abruptly then hurried back to her cubicle. Farra looks at her with knitted eyebrows.

"Falisa, who were you on the call with and why were you on the call for so long?"

"Ermmmm no one. I mean, it is just a friend, no one else."

"Is it just me or does Falisa look tensed?" Farra asked herself.

"Falisa, are you okay?"

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Let's continue with our work."

"Well then, okay."

"Something is definitely wrong with Falisa. I have to find out what is disturbing her mind. And who did she talk to? She was completely fine, till she attended to the call. Let's give her the time she needs, then I will scoop out her little secret."

P.s. Woohooo finally an update! How did this chapted go for my dear readers? Did you expect Falisa to change like this? Or is it a pretty normal story?

Have a say in the comment section below and don't forget to leave a vote. Love💗💗💗