Chapter 10: Recurring Dream

"I TRUSTED YOU WITH MY HEART

"I TRUSTED YOU WITH MY HEART. IS THIS HOW YOU PAY ME BACK?" she shouted with all her might. The fury in her heart has to be released.

"Yes, now come here, darling." He inched towards her with a sly, wicked smile, unfazed by the intensity of her voice.

"I WOULD NOT LET YOU TOUCH ME, EVEN IN MY DEATH!!!" she screamed while running across the room and tugging onto the door. The door could not be opened. She banged, pushed and kicked onto the door to make it open, to no avail.

"You are doomed, Jo." He hissed, his breath burning my neck.

"Leave me alone! Please!!!" she pleaded, tears splashed quietly on the carpet of the floor.

He extended his hand to touch her...

Farra woke up from her bed, gasping for air, struggling to grapple with the fact that it was just a dream. Alhamdulillah, she did not shout or scream and disturb the others in the house. She rose from the bed, legs dangling onto the floor, her body feeling weak from the recurring dream. Tears of pain stung her eyes, threatening to pour like rainfall.

"I miss you, Vicky. I miss you a lot. More than I can bear. But you changed. Your change is beyond reversible," Farra's heart shouted.

She wiped the tears puddling in her eyes and braced herself to step out of the bed. Farra traced her steps to the side table, chiselled from teak wood, standing just below the window. Leather graced her fingers as it digged through a myriad of items until it reached a small mineral water bottle.

She chugged down the contents, leaving a small amount of water at the bottom of the cylindrical container. The liquid dripped onto her palm as she outstretched my palm, catching the droplets and letting it wash her sweaty face. I then dried my bony cheeks with a towel hanging by the window. Instinctively, her hand reached out to a smartphone with a black cover lying on the side table.

10 missed calls.

Call log.

Falisa (5)
Kak Lia(5)

"Ya Allah, how did sleep through 10 phone calls? What got into my head till I slept like a log?" Farra slapped her forehead in exasperation. Her fingers danced across the screen to call Falisa.

Falisa
RINGING...

TRINGGG TRINGGG. TRINGGG TRINGGG.

"Hello? Farra? Mademoiselle, what took you so long to call me? What happened to your phone? Did you not see my call or did you not bother picking up the call? Do you know how worried I was? Can you please atleast leave a message once you reach safely. EEEEEEEEE," Falisa's annoyed voice shrunk my already dead-beaten soul.

"Right right sorry babes I fell asleep right after I came back."

"Sorry? Yeah as if that can replace all my anxiety worrying about you since you left my home."