Chapter 9: Protect Your Heart

PEEN PEEENNNNNN

PEEN PEEENNNNNN....

I quickly realised I'm about an inch close to bump into the black Toyota Vios infront of me before I steered away from it. Phew! That was dangerously close. Ya Allah! Why am I so careless suddenly? Why am I daydreaming? Alhamdulillah, Allah saved me from actually knocking the car out. I could hear his swear words from his raged expression. Relax, Eiden, relax. Nothing happened. I held out a hand alopogetically before driving to the side of the road. I stopped the car at the side of the road and tried to relax myself.

But yeah, why did I lose focus in the first place? Oh yes, the new girl. Her face appeared infront of my eyes. Did Belle say her name is Farra? Yep, its Farra. Okay, for some reason, her face is just stuck to my memory, like super glue. And just like that, I lost control and nearly died or killed someone.

Okay yep, there is a new girl in the house. So what? I am not going to talk to her. I can take care of my heart by lowering my gaze right? I could hold myself from talking to her right? I could keep my heart clean with just the remembrance of Allah right? Rightttt? No? Why not?

It's just, something about her. Something magnetic, something that attracts me. For some reason, her face radiated with light. The Noor of Allah, maybe. Belle did tell me that she was a born muslim, but only started practicing now. Alhamdulillah. I could not imagine what kind of a life she might have lead in the past. But does it matter? No. Once you turn away from the darkness of the past, Allah will illuminate your path light. So who am I to judge. Perhaps the person that she has changed into now, us so much better than even who I am as a muslim. Perhaps that was why her face radiated with Noor.

It's okay. As of now, I just have to focus, on whatever that I'm doing and shut out the syaitaan whispering in my ears. Wait, syaitaan is chained in Ramadhan right? Yeah okay. Stupid me, stupid heart. Astaghfirullah.

I raised my hand out to Allah and made sincere dua to Him.

"Ya Allah, please close my heart to whatever which is not meant for me. Protect me from turning away from You and Your remembrance Ya Allah. Don't allow me to be drowned by my own nafs. Strengthen my imaan, Ya Allah. I ask for your forgiveness, Ya Allah. I ask for your forgiveness."

I wiped my hand all over my face. With the name of Allah, I started the car.

"Subhanallathi sakkharalana hazha wamaa kunna lahu muqrinun. Wa inna ilaa rabbinaa lamun qaalibuun.

Before releasing the brake pedal, I took a moment to knock my head on the steering wheel three times. Focus, Eiden. Focus.

 Focus

P.s. Woohooo early updateeee.  Heh I'm updating early bcoz I might not be able to update for a few days. So yeah, what do you peeps think about Eiden? What can be improved about Eiden? And what are the characteristics you are looking for in Eiden? Drop it in the comments and don't forget to vote. Love💗💗💗